Why has image re-sizing been disabled?!

I have one note that I have been adding to for a year.  I have images throughout copied and pasted in.  I have been unable to update my note for several months now because I can't resize an image once it has been posted in.  As a premium member I would like someone at Evernote to give an explanation for this and not some evangelist explanation.

Sincerely,

Frustrated beyond belief

I have one note that I have been adding to for a year.  I have images throughout copied and pasted in.  I have been unable to update my note for several months now because I can't resize an image once it has been posted in.  As a premium member I would like someone at Evernote to give an explanation for this and not some evangelist explanation.

Sincerely,

Frustrated beyond belief

This is a users board. If you want to dialog directly with EN staff, you need to submit a support ticket (see my sig).

• Level 5*

On a Mac I can open an image with Preview (or any image editor), resize it, save it and the note is updated. 

Ditto the Windows client, even... duhn-dun-duh-duh-duh... venerable MS Paint.

JBL73, if you want help with your problem, you should tell us what OS / platform you are using Evernote on. 

• Level 5*

I am using Windows 7. I see many others have the same issue.

And yet, I can resize images on Win 7: Right-click on the image. "Select Open With...". Choose a program. Edit the image. Save & exit. Return to Evernote; the edited image is there.

What have you tried?

• Level 5*

I haven't tried any "open withs" as I didn't think a step backwards into some Windows editor was the intent of having a cloud based application. Make sense?

Not to me, no. Your data is stored in the cloud, true, but the desktop clients are native apps much like any other. Desktop editors are quite good, and you can use the one you want. Heck, if MS Paint is there and it does the job, then why would you need anything else.

Again, I don't recall that the Windows Evernote client ever had any such facility, unless it was before my time...

Will try MS Paint as well. Just seems weird to add steps to what used to be just done right in Evernote. Rationale for the change?

I don't recall *any* version of EN having image editing abilities except for the current versions that allow rotation. Instead, it was handled by the third party app of your choice, that was installed on your computer, via the right-click/open-in.

The web version did have image re-sizing capability until end of 2013. Used it for 1 1/2 years.

I'm pretty sure that would only have modified the way the image was displayed & not actually modified the actual image. Think HTML, which allows you to specify the display width & height of an image & can result in a perfectly good image displaying as distorted. But the image itself is perfectly fine.

Using Evernote Desktop and MS Paint (junk) I am able to copy images to paint, re-size and copy and paste in my notes. Not a perfect solution but a decent workaround to Evernote disabling resizing on the web version. Still can't believe they made such a gargantuan change with no explanation. Thanks everybody for your help.

Using Evernote Desktop and MS Paint (junk) I am able to copy images to paint, re-size and copy and paste in my notes. Not a perfect solution but a decent workaround to Evernote disabling resizing on the web version. Still can't believe they made such a gargantuan change with no explanation. Thanks everybody for your help.

You don't need to copy/paste. Just right click the image, open with Paint, resize, save. It saves it back into the note. If you have another image editing program, you can use it instead of Paint.

• 2 months later...

You don't need to copy/paste. Just right click the image, open with Paint, resize, save. It saves it back into the note. If you have another image editing program, you can use it instead of Paint.

When I right click on the image, I do not get an option to do anything in Skitch?  Not a techy and have been working all weekend on trying to find a way to resize an image in a note?  I did finally work through the rotation issue, yea!  Thanking you in advance for any help.

• Level 5*

When I right click on the image, I do not get an option to do anything in Skitch?  Not a techy and have been working all weekend on trying to find a way to resize an image in a note?  I did finally work through the rotation issue, yea!  Thanking you in advance for any help.

In the current Windows client, you should be able to hover your mouse pointer over an image, and then click on the "Annotate" button that appears.

In the current Windows client, you should be able to hover your mouse pointer over an image, and then click on the "Annotate" button that appears.

I am a Mac user not Windows; thanks.

• Level 5*

Ah; original poster was a Windows user. It's a good idea to identify the client you're using; helps to get better answers.

Ah; original poster was a Windows user. It's a good idea to identify the client you're using; helps to get better answers.

Understood; my bad?!

Archived