Create a Table of Contents in EN Business

I have come across an "issue" where it seems you cannot create a Table of Contents within an EN Business Notebook for multiple Notes?  

I guess it has something to do with the way EN Business handles a Merge also?  Where I had asked EN Support under Ticket# 228858 why when you create a Merge the Stacked Notebook is Brown as opposed to Business Grey indicating that the Business might not be able to see the Stack.  Reply below from EN Support.

This is a great question – and a good observation you've made. While you can stack Business Notebooks in your account, the top folder color will always be brown and note grey. This is because stacks / the act of stacking is a personal-viewing option only.

In other words, if you have other people that are joined to your Business account, and they have access to the same Notebooks that you do, all users can independently stack the Notebooks however they choose. In short, Business stacks are not currently shareable throughout the account.

Does this make sense?

It's for this reason that I personally prefer to view my Notebooks in List View instead of Grid View.

Anyone else see this and is it typical behaviour or a bug?

I have come across an "issue" where it seems you cannot create a Table of Contents within an EN Business Notebook for multiple Notes?  

I guess it has something to do with the way EN Business handles a Merge also?  Where I had asked EN Support under Ticket# 228858 why when you create a Merge the Stacked Notebook is Brown as opposed to Business Grey indicating that the Business might not be able to see the Stack.  Reply below from EN Support.

This is a great question – and a good observation you've made. While you can stack Business Notebooks in your account, the top folder color will always be brown and note grey. This is because stacks / the act of stacking is a personal-viewing option only.

In other words, if you have other people that are joined to your Business account, and they have access to the same Notebooks that you do, all users can independently stack the Notebooks however they choose. In short, Business stacks are not currently shareable throughout the account.

Does this make sense?

It's for this reason that I personally prefer to view my Notebooks in List View instead of Grid View.

"Merging" in Evernote refers to merging two or more notes into a single note. 

Although I've not used EB, the explanation (referring to the colors of stacks) makes sense to me.  If I have one user who shares three notebooks with me, I may want to put them into a single stack say "from DH".  So I know if I'm wanting to look in a notebook that is shared to me from DH that I need to look in that stack.  But DH would not want that stack to be sync'd to his EN account b/c it would not make sense and because he may have those notebooks set up in his own/other stack(s). 

Does this make sense?

"Merging" in Evernote refers to merging two or more notes into a single note. 

Although I've not used EB, the explanation (referring to the colors of stacks) makes sense to me.  If I have one user who shares three notebooks with me, I may want to put them into a single stack say "from DH".  So I know if I'm wanting to look in a notebook that is shared to me from DH that I need to look in that stack.  But DH would not want that stack to be sync'd to his EN account b/c it would not make sense and because he may have those notebooks set up in his own/other stack(s). 

I get the colours too.  I wonder why you cannot create a TOC?

I get the colours too.  I wonder why you cannot create a TOC?

Again, I'm not using EB. But if by "creating a TOC", you mean selecting the notes, copying the note links & then placing them into a single note so you can jump to them quickly, I know this works in notebooks that are shared to me with write/sharing permissions. Perhaps the notes you're trying to make a TOC from are shared with only view option... I don't know but that would be my first guess.

Archived