How do I copy and paste all notes from one notebook to another?

• Level 5*

Which client do you use? In the Windows client, you can select all of the notes in a notebook, right-click on the list and use "Copy Notes" to copy them to another notebook. Alternatively you could export a notebook to Evernote format, and import the resulting .enex file back in to another notebook (source notebook is not saved in .enex format files).

• Level 5*

Different case. I'm not sure about that, but my guess is that would not hit your upload cap in any meaningful way, if at all. Obviously the notebook change would need to be synced up.

• Level 5*

Thanks,

It sounds like you already have the answer you needed. However, for future reference, here is a screencast of how to copy everything over from a joined notebook. This is one case in which it may be necessary (if you have no permission to modify notes) to move everything first.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=488

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*

how does one do this in the web client?  possible?  I'm not seeing an obvious path...

You can multi-select notes in the note list using Ctrl+click to add single notes to your selection; more than one note selected will produce a panel that allows you to change the notebook and other metadata of all of the selected notes.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

I am on a Mac version and am unable to select all to copy from one notebook to another.  Any help would be much appreciated.

If you click on any Note in any of the Note lists (Snippet, Top List, Side List), you should be able to select all Notes using the std CMD-A.

From an earlier post in this thread:

However, for future reference, here is a screencast of how to copy everything over from a joined notebook. This is one case in which it may be necessary (if you have no permission to modify notes) to move everything first.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=488

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2014 at 5:22 PM, jefito said:

Which client do you use? In the Windows client, you can select all of the notes in a notebook, right-click on the list and use "Copy Notes" to copy them to another notebook. Alternatively you could export a notebook to Evernote format, and import the resulting .enex file back in to another notebook (source notebook is not saved in .enex format files).

I have chrome. How do I copy one note to another? I want to transfer my template each day.

Archived