(Archived) Phantom reminders in Android

chronistin

My android client suddenly shows hundreds of notes in the reminder section - notes that really do not have reminders. When I open the note, the reminder icon is grey, not blue as it is for the real reminders. Still, those "phantom reminder" notes linger at the top of the notes with the actual reminders and a checkbox beside them.

How could that happen, and what can I do to stop it?

• Level 5*

Sounds like something bad happened to your database - do you see the same duplicates on the web version of Evernote?  Have you added any new apps or Evernote extensions lately that might generate new reminder items?

The web and desktop versions are not showing the incorrect reminders. These are only on android.

I haven't installed any new apps interacting with evernote. The last one was RTM, but that was a month ago, and the false reminders just started showing up last weekend.

I guess the logical idea would be do reinstall? I am trying to avoid that, as I need several notebooks offline and my data plan is nearly maxed out. So, I would be really grateful for other ideas.

• Level 5*

You guessed it - the next logical step would be to clear Evernote off the device and reinstall to let the server rebuild everything.  You could try clearing caches - Evernote > Settings > Search & Storage - to see if that helps,  but you might need a friendly Wi-fi connection to fix things properly...

Archived