macbook notes to evernotes

railson_2

Idea

I have searched for an answer but still none found. So maybe someone out there has a clean solution.

I am switching to Evennote from Mac Notes and want to import/migrate my notes over.

How is this accomplished ??

Thanks in advance to all you knowledgeable people

6 replies to this idea

The problem with the Notes app on a Mac (and iOS) is it doesn't offer any good way of exporting the notes. You can email each individual note into Evernote. You can convert each note to a PDF and drag and drop that into Evernote. You can export all of the notes to one PDF and drop that into Evernote. 

• Level 5*

I have searched for an answer but still none found. So maybe someone out there has a clean solution.

I am switching to Evennote from Mac Notes and want to import/migrate my notes over.

How is this accomplished ??

Thanks in advance to all you knowledgeable people

Frankly speaking, Apple Notes is the antithesis of what user-friendly software ought to be. It offers no way that I know of to conveniently import or export data. It locks you in like it was the late 80s / early 90s. It is a throwback to poor design of the past, and I strongly recommend avoiding it for any extensive note-taking, because you will be trapped there.

As far as I know, the best solution is to copy / paste each note out one by one. Sorry. Evernote, on the other hand, is easy to move in and out of :)

• Level 5*
Frankly speaking, Apple Notes is the antithesis of what user-friendly software ought to be. It offers no way that I know of to conveniently import or export data. It locks you in like it was the late 80s / early 90s.

GM, does Apple Notes support Applescript?

If so, that might offer a solution.

• Level 5*

Thanks everyone. I guess it will be the hard way.

I haven't tried it, but I think JM found an easy way for you. Try the Apple Script. It is, of course, unfortunate that nothing is in the interface to accomplish this, but Apple Script isn't too troublesome.

Archived