(Archived) Inconvenience: cannot add a tag if the notebook name is too long

song

It's noticed that for Evernote PC version, if the note name is too long then it will take up the room for the icon and input box of "Click to add "post-177374-0-65535400-1390562896_thumb.

Here is the info of OS and version of Evernote:

Evernote version: 5.1.1.2334(270334) Public

And the details are shown in the following screenshots:

post-177374-0-14875100-1390562701_thumb.

• Level 5*

You cn always add a tag to a note using the Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut; it's just not as convenient. You can also clear space in that note title / tag area by removing labels from the Reminder / Share / Info / etc. buttons (right-click in the area, uncheck "Show Labels"), or removing some of them altogether (right-click in the area, uncheck "Customize Toolbar").

You cn always att a tag to a note using the Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut; it's just not as convenient. You can also clear space in that note title / tag area by removing labels from the Reminder / Share / Info / etc. buttons (right-click in the area, uncheck "Show Labels"), or removing some of them altogether (right-click in the area, uncheck "Customize Toolbar").

Thank you.

Yeah, i agree with you that it's should be regarded as inconvenience rather than bug. :(

• Level 5*

Yeah, i agree with you that it's should be regarded as inconvenience rather than bug. :(

I can't fix either bugs or inconveniences, but sometimes I can offer workarounds. That's the case this time.
  • Level 5

I ran into the same problem when I upgraded from 4.7 to 5.1.
Workaround #1 and #2 worked for me.

#1.) I seldom use the Left Panel, so I keep it closed. This allows me to see more tags. If I need the Left Panel, I toggle it back on with F10.
http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/98891f00-ce76-404d-942d-0dc52914a604/dba38cc74bb3e344fe327baac238b262

#2.) Jeito offered another suggestion - I removed some irrelevant Icons (the Reminder icon and the Share icon) to free up more space.

#3.) Not my preferred workaround, but a suggestion from Evernote support was to squeeze down the space for the Left Panel and the Note List Panel. This gives more real estate for the tags in the Note Panel. Here is what they suggested.
http://note.io/1d13qFB

After doing some troubleshooting, Evernote support confirmed they understood the problem and agreed to submit it to their development department.

Archived