Penultimate with Jot Script connection status indicator

mcluff

I've been using my new Jot Script at work a lot this week, and I have a suggestion that would help immensely.

As you know, the script sometimes loses connection if the iPad sleeps or the user swaps apps, requiring the user to pop the power button on the pen to reconnect.  If the script connection is still "alive" or is reconnected, a text prompt shows "Jot Script connected" prompt appears briefly and vanishes.  

This prompt is useful but is only visible for a brief moment.  I've had to press the power on the pen then shift my gaze quickly to the iPad to see whether the prompt appears.  I know there are workarounds to test the script's status, but if I'm using Penultimate to take quick incident notes, I don't have time to tinker.  

So I have a couple of ideas mocked up to provide real-time connection status to the user.  (I can't know, of course, whether the back-end information is available to support this.)  

The mockups assume that Penultimate "knows" if a Jot Script has been paired before.  Assume that these markers would only occur when this is the case.  

OPTION 1: 

Paired, Script is Available:

post-79415-0-85164600-1390494122_thumb.p

The BB won't let me post more screenshots, so the other options are posted here.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The flakiness of the connection is only part of the problem with this device. I really feel that Evernote keeps treating its's customers as Beta testers. One of these days I will learn not to be an early adopter for things I think will make my life easier. Easily the worst $74 I have spent.

Archived