Evernote Tags - BUG

Fairly new to Evernote...

For multiple business users in our company we are experiencing an issue where multiples of the business tags are appearing in the tags list. The duplicates do not have documents attached but are linked with the first tag. These are not personal tags! They have the business mark behind them but the duplicates do not appear in the admin manage tags webpage. Some users are even experiencing having 3 of the same tag while others are not even seeing this issue at all. How do we get rid of the duplicate tags and if we are all linked under the same business account why are we not seeing the same issues? This issue also started the day after we installed the most recent Evernote update - not sure if that is linked?

Thanks in advance

Fairly new to Evernote...

For multiple business users in our company we are experiencing an issue where multiples of the business tags are appearing in the tags list. The duplicates do not have documents attached but are linked with the first tag. These are not personal tags! They have the business mark behind them but the duplicates do not appear in the admin manage tags webpage. Some users are even experiencing having 3 of the same tag while others are not even seeing this issue at all. How do we get rid of the duplicate tags and if we are all linked under the same business account why are we not seeing the same issues? This issue also started the day after we installed the most recent Evernote update - not sure if that is linked?

Thanks in advance

I have seen this and sent cases to Evernote about it.  You should check out my post where I had an issue with Tags.  I thought it was down to posting tags (or trying too) when it was Sync'ing but like you I have had issues with Business too.

I haven't really found the cause nor solution, I am just threading with caution on the use of Tags and when I generate them.  We are testing Business and currently only 2 users, but I have been using Personal for years now.

Thanks, I will check out your post! We seem to be having other syncing issues on the business side of Evernote as well but the tags just seemed to be the most strange since the issue isn't the same across the board with all of our users. As far as adding and deleting tags I am an admin on the account and have had no issue deleting tags before but these dublicates don't even show up on the admin tag management page to delete. When I try to right click and delete them in Evernote, noting happens. It's almost as if Evernote doesn't even realize they are there.

Thanks, I will check out your post! We seem to be having other syncing issues on the business side of Evernote as well but the tags just seemed to be the most strange since the issue isn't the same across the board with all of our users. As far as adding and deleting tags I am an admin on the account and have had no issue deleting tags before but these dublicates don't even show up on the admin tag management page to delete. When I try to right click and delete them in Evernote, noting happens. It's almost as if Evernote doesn't even realize they are there.

I would certainly log a case for that.  It sounds like a corruption of some sort on the DB and you might be advised to un-install and re-install to see what comes... Evernote my also require the activity log, but as an Evernote Business user folk are a bit reluctant to part with this as it has important and sometimes confidential information.

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Evernote on my computer yesterday which did not help the issue. A coworker of mine, who was also experiencing the same issues did find a fix - or at least it seems to be okay today. So if anyone else experiences this issue, the only way we could get it to correct itself and remove the duplicate tags was to unjoin every single business notebook, wait for Evernote to sync so all business tags were gone, and then rejoin each notebook. When Evernote finally finished syncing, the duplicates were no longer present. Tedious, yes, but at least the annoying duplicates are finally gone - hopefully for good! Thank you Phil for your help and suggestions!

Archived