Where do forum reports go?

• Level 5

(If you do find someone's posts objectionable,  there's always a 'report' option to flag it for the Admins)

Caveat and Clarification: According to one of the Evangelists, the "report feature" can be viewed not only by the Administrator (a very busy guy) but also by the Evangelists.

That is why I prefer to send my suggestions and requests to the Evernote Support "General Feedback/Comments" section.

https://evernote.com/contact/support/

• Level 5*

(If you do find someone's posts objectionable,  there's always a 'report' option to flag it for the Admins)

Caveat and Clarification: According to one of the Evangelists, the "report feature" can be viewed not only by the Administrator (a very busy guy) but also by the Evangelists.

That is why I prefer to send my suggestions and requests to the Evernote Support "General Feedback/Comments" section.

Caveat and Clarification #2: The report button reports objectionable posts to the moderators ("The moderator will be made aware of the link to the page you are reporting"), and the report will therefore be viewed not only by the Administrator (a busy guy, but someone who reviews each and every report), but also by anyone on the moderating team (not necessarily all of them -- the CEO is one of the "moderators," but I wouldn't expect him to weigh in on reports!).

http://discussion.evernote.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

• Level 5*

Just to doubly clarify, they're seen by all of the forum moderators, which includes the evangelists as a subset, as GM points out. Most of these are obvious spam, and the moderators can take care of these easily (with oversight by Geoff). Anything beyond that, and Geoff will usually get actively involved, and he takes very seriously issues of objectionable content by forum users, though that's subject to his interpretation of the forum rules. He will definitely take direct action if he feels it's warranted.

Um, it's not clear that anybody considers feature requests / suggestions to be "objectionable content", so it's not anything that should be reported via the the "Report".button. :)
  • Level 5

Um, it's not clear that anybody considers feature requests / suggestions to be "objectionable content", so it's not anything that should be reported via the the "Report".button. :)

To clarify my comment, I said I prefer to use the Support Forum for my suggestions and requests. The response from Evernote staff members is professional, courteous and informative. 

The cavaet: As has been verified in previous forum comments, when the report button is used in this forum the reported information is read and handled by non-Evernote employees and Evernote employees.

• Level 5*

To clarify my comment, I said I prefer to use the Support Forum for my suggestions and requests. The response from Evernote staff members is professional, courteous and informative.

OK, got it. I must have gotten confused with your mention of the 'report' button in the same post. My brain spasm, my mistake, and sorry about that, JB.

The cavaet: As has been verified in previous forum comments, when the report button is used in this forum the reported information is read and handled by non-Evernote employees and Evernote employees.

This isn't any secret, right? I don't think that anyone's trying to hide it anyways. There are non-Evernote employees like the evangelists and a couple of others who are moderators, and who -- hopefully unsurprisingly -- would be expected to be able to view the reports (since moderators also handle spam reports, which are triggered via the same mechanism). But Geoff always reviews all of the reports, and other Evernote employees have visibility as well. I think that you know that Geoff is a pretty proactive guy, too.
  • Level 5

This isn't any secret, right? I don't think that anyone's trying to hide it anyways. There are non-Evernote employees like the evangelists and a couple of others who are moderators, and who -- hopefully unsurprisingly -- would be expected to be able to view the reports (since moderators also handle spam reports, which are triggered via the same mechanism). But Geoff always reviews all of the reports, and other Evernote employees have visibility as well. I think that you know that Geoff is a pretty proactive guy, too.

It might not be a secret to you, but it sure was to me.

Spam, yes, but complaints? Emphatic no way.

I've been posting for 3 years (over 5,400 currently).

I was a Stealth Evangelist until I quit the program.

And even I was not aware that Evangelists were handling the reports (probably because I was only in Stealth mode). 

I am sure there are many other users who don't realize that their forum complaints are handled by the Evangelists.

Is this information revealed anywhere for the public to easily find? I don't think so. In 3+ years, I haven't seen it.

By the way, I do not expect the CEO to be involved in handling customer complaints. That is a bit ludicrous. But it would be nice to see him drop in once in a blue moon. According to the info on the Moderating Team List, the last time Phil Libin visited this forum was 2 years ago - back on May 8, 2012. And the Marketing Manager's has been absent for almost a year. Sure they're busy, but an occasional (perhaps semi-annual) visit to touch base and read their customer's viewpoints is not asking too much.

I'm sure some will think I am off topic and will want to lock down the post. I agree I am off topic, but I'm confident many other users will realize these revelations contradict several of the long standing statements made frequently in the forum.

I've made my point and will fade back into the background.

Carry on.

• Level 5*

It might not be a secret to you, but it sure was to me.

Spam, yes, but complaints? Emphatic no way.

Just pointing out that you report spam and complaints using the exact same mechanism. All moderators see the same stuff. Geoff gets last say on anything that's not absolutely clearcut (for example, obvious spam and the offending poster get clubbed as soon as I see it), but by-and-large, moderators are trusted to handle forum business.

I am sure there are many other users who don't realize that their forum complaints are handled by the Evangelists.

Is this information revealed anywhere for the public to easily find? I don't think so. In 3+ years, I haven't seen it.

I doubt that anyone goes out of their way to advertise it, but it's not as if anyone was hiding it either. We're moderators here, so there's a fairly obvious conclusion that can be drawn. You already know that we can, for example, lock topics.

I'm sure some will think I am off topic and will want to lock down the post. I agree I am off topic, but I'm confident many other users will realize these revelations contradict several of the long standing statements made frequently in the forum.

I really don't know what "long standing statements" you are referring to. What are they?
  • Level 5*

by-and-large, moderators are trusted to handle forum business.

Now there just needs to be tons more of them. Especially after 10pm pacific.

Well beyond my lack-of-pay grade. :)

by-and-large, moderators are trusted to handle forum business.

Now there just needs to be tons more of them. Especially after 10pm pacific.

Busy guy indeed--I'm a bit late to the conversation here.  I'm working on some of your suggestions, they're just not implemented on a dime. Great topic for the first page, then we ran off the rails.  Closing this thread.

EDIT: This thread has been split off from another discussion because it added some good clarification concerning what happens when someone uses the "report" function (bottom right hand corner of a post).  The previous conversation and this are both locked.

Archived