Word Document in Note Showing File Name Rather than Document

laurenk723

Idea

When I add a Word Document to an Evernote note by dragging it and dropping it onto the Evernote icon, the note simply shows the name of the document and the size, with the option to quick view the document or download it. 

In the past, my documents have shown the name at the top of the note, then shown the actual document within the note. 

It is frustrating now to have to click the view button to view the document and am wondering why this is happening now. 

I cannot find any setting for it in preferences and my best guess is Evernote is trying to save memory space. 

Has anyone else experienced this or have an explanation/fix for this? 

Thank you!

NOW:

post-174932-0-68610500-1390169760_thumb.

BEFORE:

post-174932-0-99168000-1390169833_thumb.

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - which Evernote client are you using?  As far as I'm aware Evernote has never shown the content of a DOC file in the body of a note,  and it was only recently that it started indexing the file for searches...

• Level 5*

Right click on it and select "View Inline".

This works on a mac, no idea about Windows.

Gracious me (as they say) another feature we poor windowsians have missed out on..   :huh:

Should this still be working in Mac 5.4.4 then?

I think you do need to upgrade if you want it to work.

Check the App Store if you downloaded from there or Check for Updates in the App if you have the direct download version.

downloading version 5.5 worked!! thank you so much.

since i downloaded evernote from the mac app store, version 5.5 is not available yet, so i had to search in these forums to download the beta version. now i can see my documents right in my notes!

thanks again. 

Archived