To-do boxes and text formatting

nickvdt14

Idea

Hi everybody.

I was wondering if it is possible to format the to-do boxes in a similar way to bullets or numbers? I'd like to make it so that the to-do boxes would line up like bullets, with the text indented. This is only really a problem if your text next to the to-do box runs over more than one line, as the text continues directly below the to-do box rather than indenting and lining up with the first line of text.

Thanks for any advice as to how to solve this!

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

HI,  welcome to the forums.  Sorry but what you see is what you get for the moment.  Evernote are looking into improvements - I had a survey yesterday asking (amongst other things) about how bullets and checkboxes could be improved - so we should some more features;  but meantime all you can do is add spaces to balance paragraphs (which usually leads to tears if you change or copy the content) or use another app for the formatting and copy/ paste that output into Evernote.

• Level 5*

No problem! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't because I was missing something. How would I suggest that as a feature for Evernote to add in the future? Would be an awesome addition!

You already have - the developers read this forum though they don't usually respond.  You can also use the support ticket link (see below) to provide feedback.

I'm one of the (few, apparently) people who doesn't really mind Evernote's weak text formatting as I don't really think of it as it as a text editing program. However, I am also irked by this and agree it would be nice if it were changed.

Best of luck.

Archived