WON'T SYNC and tells me I'm OFFLINE when I'm online! Help!

frustratedaussie

Idea

Hi all,

I downloaded (a week or so ago) the Evernote app and I am using it on a Mac OS X v 10.7.5. 

If I login via the Evernote website, I can make new notes and update old ones just fine.

However, I have just discovered that when I use the Evernote app on the desktop, none of the changes I have made recently are reflected. When I click the sync button, it comes up with "You're Offline. You need to connect to the Internet to synchronize with the Evernote service." Which is *****, because I am most definitely online. 

Does anyone know what I can do to fix it so I can still keep using the App?

Cheers,

D

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  There are a few suggested fixes in forum topics around here - try uninstalling/ reinstalling and check that your IE is set up to access the internet (not sure that's still required,  but at one stage if IE couldn't see get a connection,  then neither could Evernote).

To add on to what gazumped said...  if you are writing your original post from the same Mac, then yes, yes you are definitely online.

If not, you'll need to check to make sure you are.  Which is a totally different ball of wax.

First, look into this Apple support article:  http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1810

Follow what it says to ensure Evernote is not being caught up by the firewall.  (If you've never touched it, we can safely assume it's on.)

If that doesn't work, go into Help menu in EN, click on Activity Log, copy all of the text, and be sure to send that information to Evernote Support.  They can walk you through the rest.

I've been having the same issue for some time. I keep thinking an update will fix it, but none has. 

In fact - I can check for updates and it will access the internet and tell me I'm up to date. But THEN I'll try to sync and it claims I'm offline. Clearly one part of the Evernote Mac app understands I'm online (with no firewall issues - I checked) and another part of Evernote thinks I'm offline.

If I quit EN and then start it again, it will sync. But It's such a pain to quit and open every time I open my computer and start to work again. 

@gazumped, I'm going to uninstall EN and reinstall it and see what happens. I'll be back to let y'all know.

It seems to me that the Evernote Mac OSX client reacts poorly to network changes (change wifi networks, connect/disconnect VPN).    After upgrading to Premium, now the first thing I have to do every day is restart Evernote to tell it I'm on a different network.

It seems to me that the Evernote Mac OSX client reacts poorly to network changes (change wifi networks, connect/disconnect VPN).    After upgrading to Premium, now the first thing I have to do every day is restart Evernote to tell it I'm on a different network.

This is the simple solution that worked for me.   I change networks every day when I go to work, and I always get the "offline" message when I try to sync from the new location.  So I just quit Evernote, reopen it, and it immediately syncs on it's own. 

Archived