Random notebooks when emailing

When emailing into Evernote I don't seem to get a consistent notebook selected. I know I can specify a notebook in the subject line but when I don't use that feature I want all emails to go to the default notebook as specified in the client.

I have sent several emails from two different accounts and on each occasion the emails were filed in different notebooks.

I can't seem to see any setting to change this.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi - what email client do you use,  what's your OS and which Evernote client(s) do you use to administer your account?  Your emails 'should' go to the default notebook,  so unless that changes,  your email subject lines may be suggesting different destinations. Short term you might consider sending all your emails to a default notebook with a standard title add-in (e.g. @inbox) and sorting them out later..

I've tried this from multiple email clients; iOS MailBox, GMail and Lotus Notes.  I'm using Windows and Mac (though yesterday my testing was through the Windows client).

The email subjects I used yesterday for testing were nothing more than "Test Email", "Another Test Email" - the notebooks that the emails ended up in were nothing like the text in the subject.

• Level 5*

As you're apparently using more than one Evernote client,  do you sync each device before and after you use it?  And do you exit Evernote before moving on to the next machine or leave it running on both?  I'm reaching for straws here,  because there's no sensible reason I can see why the emails should wind up in different notebooks.  I'd suggest a support ticket,  and meantime using a standard @notebook name in every title so at least its easy to check your emails have been received...

• 3 weeks later...

If you check your Personal Settings in the Evernote web client you'll see an option for "Auto-filing" : "Automatically file and tag notes sent in via email."

http://note.io/1c5Nvqa

If you uncheck that, the emailed content with no @<notebook> annotation on the subject line should go into your default notebook.

HTH,

-- Tom

Archived