(Archived) Evernote and Outlook 2013

JanetS

Have Outlook 2013 on 2 computers, both Windows 8, both 64 bit.  the Evernote add-in installed just fine on one machine, won't on the other.  Evernote support keeps saying it isn't compatible with Outlook 2013, 64 bit, but It works on one of my machines!!!

HELP anyone!!!!

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Wondered if it had been set up by an unfriendly IT person so you didn't have access as an Admin.  If you have reinstalled as admin that won't fly.  Ok so when you say the Evernote add-in won't install,  d'you mean you get errors,  or you just don't see the little green elephant in your tool-bar?

If you don't see the elephant,  when you right-click in an email do you get a menu that includes "save to Evernote" options?

• Level 5*

OK that pretty much exhausts my possible suggestions - if you'd like to post your support ticket reference here I can get someone to have a look at the notes and confirm whether Outlook should be supported.  I can't believe it's not.  I know 2003 is not supported because its too old now but quite a few folks use 2013..

There are a few folks around here that are much smarter than me (well,  they think they are) - they'll maybe drop by in the next day or so with any suggestions.

Meantime sorry - the only bright spark is that you can still forward emails to your Evernote address to get them Evernoted!

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Well, Win 8 64-bit is still running Outlook 2013 + Evernote without problems for me - haven't gotten around to the service pack yet.  Thanks for the headsup tho - I would've been worried if I lost my Evernote icon without an explanation..

I'm guessing if the problem is 'official' one party or the other will be working on fixes coming to a version near you - eventually.

Archived