Links in emailed thread-updates are broken

soundsgoodtome

Idea

7 replies to this idea

May be something to do with your browser settings - those links work for me...  meantime;  if you go to the actual post you can unsubscribe from there.

Thank you. Can you give me an example of a setting in Safari that would cause links — from only one web site, and only one type of link on that web site — not to work?

I probably click 100 links a day, and not one link to one other other web site has failed in months.

Also, in the same email messages from evernote, all other links to evernote.com do work (e.g., links to view the referenced thread). The only link that doesn't work is the link to unsubscribe. It takes me to evernote.com, but there's an "Oops! Something went wrong" error message.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Back one step - are you reading your emails in a browser,  or a dedicated mail client like Outlook?  I was assuming the problem was in a link from a (non-browser-related) email jumping to a web page. And I misspoke: I meant a mail client setting,  not a browser setting - I've got emails with links in Outlook that just won't jump to a web page (they're from eBuyer!);  there's something in the link (I guess) that the browser can't interpret.  But if I just copy and past the result into the browser it works...

Hmmn.  Back one step - are you reading your emails in a browser,  or a dedicated mail client like Outlook?  I was assuming the problem was in a link from a (non-browser-related) email jumping to a web page. And I misspoke: I meant a mail client setting,  not a browser setting - I've got emails with links in Outlook that just won't jump to a web page (they're from eBuyer!);  there's something in the link (I guess) that the browser can't interpret.  But if I just copy and past the result into the browser it works...

Mavericks. Apple Mail. Safari.

There are no problems with any other links in any other email messages to any other sites.

• Level 5*

I'm having the same problem..can't fine where else to unsubscribe from either.

Workaround is still - follow the link to the thread,  check in the top right-hand corner (of a browser view) for "unfollow this topic".

Archived