Default Note When Evernote Opens

Hello.  New user here.  Can anyone provide an answer or link to previously posted answer how I can select a default note where my cursor will be when I open Evernote?  I am using it for many types of notes but my main note is my running To Do list.  It would be great if I can land there instead of on another note.

Thanks for your help,

Michael

• Level 5*

OK, with the Windows client, this topic may help: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/31065-create-notes-short-cut-to-windows-desktop/. You could also give your special note a unique tag, or embed unique text in the note body or title, and use ENScript.exe's showNotes command to isolate that note: http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php

Cannot help you with anything apple-shaped...

Thanks so much but it's hard to believe that Evernote does not have a default setting protocol where you can identify the note that shows up first.  I would love to be able to just continue where I left off in my most-frequently-used note.  Possible?

• Level 5*

I don't find it all that hard to believe, myself; Evernote is a database of notes, at base level. And it's not that hard to locate frequently used notes, or sets of notes via shortcuts and saved searches. One more thing for the Windows client, though: it should restore you to your last-edited note when you come back; it may even restore your cursor position. But I don't know any other ways to start up in a particular note in Windows.

• Level 5*

I will say, for the sake of completeness, that on the Android client you can make a home screen shortcut for a single note. Perhaps a Mac or iOS user will be able to chime in with information about those two clients.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Not exactly a default note, but you can retrieve a link for a note.

I use the url on my Mac desktop and I'd think it would be useable on other platforms.

Not exactly a default note, but you can retrieve a link for a note.

I use the url on my Mac desktop and I'd think it would be useable on other platforms.

Thanks David_Low.  Just added my "daily notes" note to my Chrome bookmarks.  Awesome.

Archived