I can't change my contact email on the Evernote Forums (password not accepted)

The contact email I have registered with the Evernote forums is soon to expire. I wish to change it to an up to date one.

I am not being allowed to change it because my password is not being accepted. This is strange because the password works fine to access Evernote itself and to allow access to the forums.

The email associated with the Evernote account itself is OK and up to date, it's just the one the notifications get sent to when I use the forums, that is out of date. 

Can anyone help please??

Thanks

• Level 5*

If you're trying to change your email address at this URL - "(http:)//discussion.evernote.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email" that would seem to be a problem with the forum software.  Please confirm and I'll flag your post for the administrator to have a look.

• Level 5*

The forum does not store any information about you. When you log into the forum, you do so through the Evernote site. If you want to change anything (your password or your email), you need to do that at www.evernote.com.

• Level 5*

The forum does not store any information about you. When you log into the forum, you do so through the Evernote site. If you want to change anything (your password or your email), you need to do that at www.evernote.com.

??  But there's an email change page in the forum settings ??

• Level 5*

Yes. There is. I don't think it will work, though.

• Level 5*

I think you may just have answered the OPs query..  change your email in Evernote,  not the forum!

:D

Indeed. I think I did :)

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51727-i-cant-change-my-contact-email-on-the-evernote-forums-password-not-accepted/?p=254682

I'll talk with GB about this. We ought to do something about that confusing page for email/password changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. There is. I don't think it will work, though.

I confirm, there is a page reacheable from the forum to change your email and password: top right corner -> username drop down list -> My Settings -> Email & Password (http://discussion.evernote.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email).

Today I've changed my email address from the usual EN Account Settings (https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action) but I still see my old email in the forum settings and I cannot change it there (Error: "Your current password is incorrect", although the password I'm using is correct).

• Level 5*

There does seem to be a bugette there - the Admin is looking into this,  meantime if your email doesn't change after a couple of days (there may be some lag) I suggest you raise a support ticket (see below) and someone will change the address for you.

There does seem to be a bugette there - the Admin is looking into this,  meantime if your email doesn't change after a couple of days (there may be some lag) I suggest you raise a support ticket (see below) and someone will change the address for you.

Thanks Gazumped, I'll wait and in case I'll raise a ticket.

I've reached out to both Serge and achoo.  Unfortunately, this is not something the SSO currently supports and we need to make changes on the forum's administrative backend (which I'm not against manually doing).  I'm looking into both removing the confusing edit your email page (because it doesnt work) and also adding some additional functionality to the SSO, should we be capable of doing so.

Archived