Individual Stop Sharing function not working

I have shared several notebooks and have tried to stop sharing individual notes in those notebooks. The stop sharing option is grayed out. After searching the forum and messing around with it online I went back to my windows evernote and the stop sharing function lite up on one note I was trying to stop sharing. I selected that and went through the options to stop sharing. So far that note is still being shared and I cannot find another note that will all me to chose stop sharing. Any ideas what's going on? The stop sharing function is not visible at all with the online evernote. I am a premium user if that even makes a difference. I'm disappointed if I can't make this work. I had a major ***** up this morning due to a fellow med student using my quiz link that was not supposed to be in a shared note. Arrggh, learning curve that cost me. I have to figure this out or else I'm going to have to un-share all my notebooks. Trying to promote working together but I have to have the option of keeping my own work private. 

I think if you share a complete notebook you simply don't have the option to stop sharing individual notes inside it.

Would think the correct way would be to just share individual notes inside the notebook to start with and forget about sharing the complete notebook if it has some notes in it that you do not want to share.

I have shared several notebooks and have tried to stop sharing individual notes in those notebooks. The stop sharing option is grayed out. After searching the forum and messing around with it online I went back to my windows evernote and the stop sharing function lite up on one note I was trying to stop sharing. I selected that and went through the options to stop sharing. So far that note is still being shared and I cannot find another note that will all me to chose stop sharing. Any ideas what's going on? The stop sharing function is not visible at all with the online evernote. I am a premium user if that even makes a difference. I'm disappointed if I can't make this work. I had a major ***** up this morning due to a fellow med student using my quiz link that was not supposed to be in a shared note. Arrggh, learning curve that cost me. I have to figure this out or else I'm going to have to un-share all my notebooks. Trying to promote working together but I have to have the option of keeping my own work private.

As AJ said, if you've shared a notebook, you're sharing all notes in the notebook, including any notes subsequently added to that notebook. Hence the name. You will need to move any notes that are not to be shared out of the shared notebook or revoke notebook sharing & share individual notes as AJ suggested.

Archived