Evernote.app won't open using same password that opens website

jmpsfs

Idea

Yesterday I had to rebuilt my database because of an "internal error."  It took almost 24 hours to download the 19,000 notes, but this morning the local app came up and worked fine.

However, this afternoon the Mac app won't open. I have verified that I'm entering the password that works for the Evernote web version.

I was one of the old accounts who got a hardware upgrade this morning, and it was after that the problems began.

Has anyone seen this behavior and does anyone have a suggestions. Chat is down for the weekend so I'm dependent on the cloud for this one.

Thanks in advance

John Pearce

6 replies to this idea

Yes. I have reset the password a couple of times and it seems to make no difference.

Question: Does the Mac app always verify the login password vs. the website when I open it? My theory is that there's some sort of breakdown between the web password and the local password, but I've tested several approaches and don't find it.

• Level 5*

Yes. I have reset the password a couple of times and it seems to make no difference.

Question: Does the Mac app always verify the login password vs. the website when I open it? My theory is that there's some sort of breakdown between the web password and the local password, but I've tested several approaches and don't find it.

Hi. The Mac app (and I think the Windows app as well) has to verify the initial login. If it isn't too much trouble, I'd reinstall everything again. Yes, downloading 19,000 notes sounds unpleasant, but I would expect that it will run smoothly now.

For what it is worth, I am on shard 1 as well, and I survived the hardware update without any trouble -- no extra logins or anything like that. This makes me think that whatever the problem is, it can be solved on your end. Unfortunately, it might take some time downloading everything again.

I'd also recommend the direct download version.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

By the way, does everything look OK at www.evernote.com?

That's what I've decided to do. The web version is working fine -- when something like this happens I have dark thoughts of using it instead of the local version.

What are the advantages of the direct-download version over the app store version?

• Level 5*

That's what I've decided to do. The web version is working fine -- when something like this happens I have dark thoughts of using it instead of the local version.

What are the advantages of the direct-download version over the app store version?

More frequent (earlier) updates, more functionality (Spotlight can search inside your notes), and access to beta updates. I am unaware of any benefits to using the appstore version.

Archived