Evernote stops responding while Syncing

• Level 5*

It may be the server. The reliability for the last 3 days has been horrible. On the website, I keep getting redirected to http://evernote.com/maint-shard.php when I log in and get a page with the info below.

On Windows and iOS, the sync just fails.

I hope this gets fixed soon. I've had this issue at least 4-5 times since Tuesday, and rarely has the Evernote Status twitter account acknowledged it. As I type this, it is down, which is how I got a copy of the info below.

Evernote Service is unavailable

Possible reasons:

• We may be performing regular system maintenance (typically Wednesday evenings, US Pacific time)
  • We may be experiencing unexpected problems that require a brief outage

In either case, we are working to restore access to the Evernote Service as quickly as possible.

Desktop versions of Evernote will continue to work, but will be unable to sync until service is restored.

This page will automatically reload every 60 seconds

• Level 5*

Part of my problem may be this email I got from Evernote. Maybe the hardware is in a tailspin and they decided to upgrade, or maybe it is coincidence that the service reliability for me has degraded substantially in the last 2-3 days and the hardware swap is happening this weekend.

You are one of the very first users of Evernote and your account is on some of our earliest server hardware. 

To make your Evernote experience faster and more reliable, we will be upgrading the servers that house your Evernote account at 8am PT on Saturday, January 11th. We expect this process to take about 30 minutes. You may not be able to use some Evernote features during this time. 

In particular, you might not be able to sync, use Evernote Web or the Web Clipper, or access some of your notes on mobile devices. The desktop versions of Evernote should continue to function without syncing. If you need to use Evernote during this period, we recommend that you sync your notes prior to 11pm. Premium users may consider downloading important notebooks to their phones or tablets. 

Thank you for being a long-term Evernote user! We’re excited to put you onto our newest and fastest servers. 

As always, you can check the status of the Evernote servers and read about planned maintenance at http://status.evernote.com

And as I type this, it is down again.  :wacko:

• Level 5*

Part of my problem may be this email I got from Evernote. Maybe the hardware is in a tailspin and they decided to upgrade, or maybe it is coincidence that the service reliability for me has degraded substantially in the last 2-3 days and the hardware swap is happening this weekend.

You are one of the very first users of Evernote and your account is on some of our earliest server hardware. 

To make your Evernote experience faster and more reliable, we will be upgrading the servers that house your Evernote account at 8am PT on Saturday, January 11th. We expect this process to take about 30 minutes. You may not be able to use some Evernote features during this time. 

In particular, you might not be able to sync, use Evernote Web or the Web Clipper, or access some of your notes on mobile devices. The desktop versions of Evernote should continue to function without syncing. If you need to use Evernote during this period, we recommend that you sync your notes prior to 11pm. Premium users may consider downloading important notebooks to their phones or tablets. 

Thank you for being a long-term Evernote user! We’re excited to put you onto our newest and fastest servers. 

As always, you can check the status of the Evernote servers and read about planned maintenance at http://status.evernote.com

Are you on shard #1? I haven't gotten this email... I am going to check my email settings now.

[EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like it came yesterday. I don't know how I missed it.]

• Level 5*

Are you on shard #1? I haven't gotten this email... I am going to check my email settings now.

[EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like it came yesterday. I don't know how I missed it.]

I don't know. You've told me once before how to check my shard, but I forgot and it isn't in my Evernote web URL.

• Level 5*

I don't know. You've told me once before how to check my shard, but I forgot and it isn't in my Evernote web URL.

Hi. Share a note, copy the link, paste it somewhere, and take a look at the link address. It will look something like this:

www.evernote.com/shard/s1/... the s1 in the address indicates shard #1.

I have a problem similar to yours. I have 3 free Evernote accounts. 2 of them work well on all platform. But, the largest one, which has 22000+ notes, and 250 notebooks, has the problem of updating and synchronising. When logining using this account on Windows 7 platform, the application has no response to any action, like dead. I have to kill the application using Windows Tasks Manager. The interesting things is this account can work well on my pad, SamSung Note 8.  

Archived