OCR problems

Hello all. I'm a premium user and have been using evernote for around two weeks to organize and store all the invoices and statements at my company. Im seeing an with the OCR function, the crown jewel of this system, after merging notes. I merge particular tickets to their parent invoice, and after payment merge the check stub as well. After I merge the documents, I'm having issues with OCR picking up on the account numbers. is this common? I absolutely must have this function for the office to run smoothly

• Level 5

Hello all. I'm a premium user and have been using evernote for around two weeks to organize and store all the invoices and statements at my company. Im seeing an with the OCR function, the crown jewel of this system, after merging notes. I merge particular tickets to their parent invoice, and after payment merge the check stub as well. After I merge the documents, I'm having issues with OCR picking up on the account numbers. is this common? I absolutely must have this function for the office to run smoothly

Keep in mind, you need to give Evernote some time to do the OCR on the merged documents. And then you will need to sync with the cloud, to bring the OCR results into your local client data.

Also, the OCR process is not a black and white science. The quality of the OCR is affected by a variety of issues, font type, font size, color, legibility, etc. Personally, I would not rely solely on OCR for my office documents.  Tags and keywords will enhance the accuracy of your search.

I'm going to go back through and put the invoice number into each title. OCR is quick for me, but at times, I will scan in a document, search some random scrap of text, and evernote will find it. If I merge, then search again, it will miss it. Is it that the OCR function must be redone after any merges?

• Level 5

I'm going to go back through and put the invoice number into each title. OCR is quick for me, but at times, I will scan in a document, search some random scrap of text, and evernote will find it. If I merge, then search again, it will miss it. Is it that the OCR function must be redone after any merges?

Yes, a merged note is actually a new note. The two original notes are sent to the Evernote trash can.

Typing the invoice number into the Title is a super idea. You can search for it using the format:

intitle:'insert invoice number here"

Archived