Followupthen to evernote

dbvirago

• Level 5*

How many is a lot?  There's a daily limit on incoming emails to avoid your account being swamped by spam,  and you may have hit that limit.  Unfortunately if the emails dropped into that black hole there's no access from the Evernote end.  Have a look at your account on Followup - isn't there some kind of a record there?  You might want to receive and filter emails personally in future though.  By all means copy Evernote in on anything relevant,  but don't send it all there regardless.

• 3 months later...

I recently have experienced the same problem where my followupthen reminders emailed from Evernote are no longer created. I have contacted followupthen support and been advised that this is due to a recent code change with the Evernote 'from' addresses.

I've been trying to figure out a workaround or a way of getting it working again as I use both services as part of my GTD system that I have been using for years.

I recently have experienced the same problem where my followupthen reminders emailed from Evernote are no longer created. I have contacted followupthen support and been advised that this is due to a recent code change with the Evernote 'from' addresses.

I've been trying to figure out a workaround or a way of getting it working again as I use both services as part of my GTD system that I have been using for years.

You may want to open a support ticket including all the information received from followupthen. Support may be able to advise you on a way to make this work. The link is in my sig. Of course, they may also toss it back to followupthen's court. 

Best of luck. 

• 4 weeks later...

@peter thanks for commenting here and for tipping me off of this thread!

As was mentioned, the integration between Evernote and FollowUpThen has now been fixed. It was caused by a change in the way Evernote sends email. Specifically, instead of an email coming from your email in the "from" field, it was changed to come from "no-reply@evernote.com". Because FollowUpThen relied on the "from" field to know who you are, it broke the integration between the systems.

As of late last week, however, we implemented a fix based on the fact that Evernote still uses your own address as the "reply-to" address on that email. Because we trust Evernote (and they confirm that you own that email), we now use that "reply-to" field instead of the "from" when we receive an email from our friends at Evernote.

We also have a layer in place to be able to make future changes to this very quickly. So if there is a fancy 

So feel free to schedule away! ..and feel free to email help@followupthen.com if you run into trouble.

Here's the original Evernote Hack post we did that describes the integration in more detail.

Reilly Sweetland

Co-Founder | FollowUpthen

Archived