Android: Showing complete note on homescreen

Hey there!

I'm using Evernote as my main tool for GTD. But something's missing for me on android. There isn't a widget, that shows me ONE WHOLE note on my home screen. 

Of course I could make a shortcut to a note on my homescreen, but I really want to see what's in there without opening the application.

For example: I sometimes forget that I have to go to the supermarket after work. But if there were a 4x4 widget on my screen, screaming: MILK! BEANS! CORN! I would notice it.

I searched the internet for my concern, seams like many people have the same. 

Since there is no way to accomplish this with the official Evernote Widget for Android, is there a third party app? Or a work-around?

Thanks for your help!

BTW, my current workaround: I share the note and copy the URL. Then I use the Meta Widget for android, which gives me a widget showing a custom Website from the internet, where I put in the URL for my note. 

But first of all, this doesn't really work, the header of the note (Its name, shared by *user*, last edited...) takes up too much space. And second, I don't want to share alll my privat notes...

• Like 1

That's the default Evernote widget, isn't it?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evernote.widget&hl=en

Yes, I know, I can choose the 4x2 widget and select a notebook, a saved search or my reminders to be showing up in the widget. 

But there are so much limitations to this! There are ALWAYS 3 Notes showing. And it's tiny. 

What I am asking for (and from the web I know plenty of users are wishing for the same) is a 4x4 (or any custom size, depending on the needs) widget, that just shows the content of ONE, single note.

Something like a sticky note!

As far as I know, that's not possible with the default android widget I linked above.

• Like 1

Nope, those are all I've got (Action, big, small). Already tried to reinstall/update everything.

Anyway, your solution also doesn't fulfill my needs, since you have a list of notes. I wanted the whole content of one certain note to be displayed.

Like StickyNotes does for Windows PCs (http://hosting.edo-soft.com/stickynotes/)

Seems like there isn't a way to do this on Android right now.

Thanks for your help!

post-174009-0-84023200-1389187975_thumb.

• Level 5*

Maybe it's an Android version thing.  Anyhow those are all reminders,  not notes,  so it occurred to me that you could just have a Go To Market reminder and tap the link to get a note with the full shopping list.  Also you can select all the notes in a particular notebook,  and if that notebook only has one note,  and that is set for offline searches,  you'd always be sure to have your list handy...

Anyway.  Whatever works for you is good..

:)

• Level 5*

One thing to note: the widget is a separate installation than the Evernote client. Not sure if that affects the Evernote List widget that Gaz is showing -- I can see it as well on my phone and tablet. It might indeed also be an Android version thing; both of my devices are 4.1.2 or greater.

There is nothing that shows the an entire note's content. though, as far as I know. Maybe there's a 3rd-party solution, though?

• Level 5*

One thing to note: the widget is a separate installation than the Evernote client. Not sure if that affects the Evernote List widget that Gaz is showing -- I can see it as well on my phone and tablet. It might indeed also be an Android version thing; both of my devices are 4.1.2 or greater.

There is nothing that shows the an entire note's content. though, as far as I know. Maybe there's a 3rd-party solution, though?

Agreed there's nothing that shows just the one note,  but one option is to have a list of reminders which could include 'go to market' and only needs a tap to view the full text..

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just found this thread via a google search...it seems that nearly two years on there still isn't an official widget. I tried nichart.dk 's link but it seems to have expired. Does anyone have any other workarounds?

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 13/10/2017 at 2:01 PM, EricaK said:

I am glad things are posted on  multiple threads if they answer the question, because Google may not take you to the one with a solution.

Posting on multiple threads is against Forum rules and tends to seriously annoy volunteer helpers like me who either find they're answering the same question more than once,  or have to go back through a day's posts to find the other threads and cross reference 'em.  Please don't.  ^_^

• 4 years later...