(Archived) Shortcut key for "All Notes" list?

Mark Silberbauer

Hi,

Is there a shortcut key to view the unfiltered "all notes" list, i.e. the equivalent of clicking "Notes" in the left hand panel of the EN window (see attached screenshot)?

The reason I'm looking for this: 

I want to be able to quickly switch to Evernote and do a search for all notes with a certain tag (basically filter on a tag). A function I use a lot is search. I like to use the built-in search hotkey to switch to the evernote window quickly and type in a search term. However, one can't do the same to do a a quick search for all notes with a certain tag; it seems impossible to do without using the mouse because you have to select "notes" with your mouse on the left hand panel of the EN window before pressing SHIFT + ALT + T to filter. Hence I'd like to know if there's a shortcut key for "notes" and then I can use AutoHotKey to assign the keystrokes for filtering all notes on a tag into a single key.

post-140586-0-80881200-1389079952_thumb.

Hi,

Is there a shortcut key to view the unfiltered "all notes" list, i.e. the equivalent of clicking "Notes" in the left hand panel of the EN window (see attached screenshot)?

The reason I'm looking for this: 

I want to be able to quickly switch to Evernote and do a search for all notes with a certain tag (basically filter on a tag). A function I use a lot is search. I like to use the built-in search hotkey to switch to the evernote window quickly and type in a search term. However, one can't do the same to do a a quick search for all notes with a certain tag; it seems impossible to do without using the mouse because you have to select "notes" with your mouse on the left hand panel of the EN window before pressing SHIFT + ALT + T to filter. Hence I'd like to know if there's a shortcut key for "notes" and then I can use AutoHotKey to assign the keystrokes for filtering all notes on a tag into a single key.

The "find in Evernote" hotkey which can be changed in tools/options/hot keys.

• Level 5*

I think that the closest you're going to get for this is the F6 shortcut, which clears the current note filter (i.e., you get "All Notes"), but puts focus on the search control, possibly activating the search suggestions dropdown (which you may not want).

Hi, thanks for the responses.

@Burgers and Fries:
I'm not looking for the "find in Evernote" hotkey... that one I already use and was referring to when I said: "I like to use the built-in search hotkey to switch to the evernote window quickly and type in a search term". I'm looking for a way to quicky filter all notes on a tag. Typing the tag into the search box is insufficient because there's too much noise in the results. I want strictly notes that have a specific tag.

@jefito:
Thanks, that's a good idea.

Archived