[Feature Request] Font size

Tiberius

Idea

The current version of Evernote works perfectly fine on my phone with Android 4.4.2. It's very fast, clearly faster than on my iPad mini Retina. So despite the outdated look of the Android version, I'm pretty happy with Evernote as it is. One thing bugs me, though: while the font size is okay when editing a note, it is much to big when just looking at a note. On the Mac-Verision (Mavericks), iPad mini Retina and my old iPhone 4 the notes look good. Only on my Android phone (Nexus 5) the font size is much too big.

Is there a way that i can set a "fixed" font size? Alternatively, a option within Evernote to set a viewing font size would be very helpful.

I hope I got my thought through (English is not my native tonque).

Happy New Year,

Tiberius

9 replies to this idea

On my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4, the font size when editing is larger than when just viewing - so I think if anything I think the viewing font should be larger, not smaller than it is.

As gazumped notes, you can zoom the text. But if you do that, the text simply gets bigger and goes off the side of the display. I believe this used to work correctly, so that the text 'flowed' to fit itself to the display size, but this changed recently, I think with the release of Kit Kat. Not sure if it is an Evernote or Android problem.

Ideally, the user should have control of the font size. I notice if you change the Android font size it effects the way Evernote displays note titles, but not the note text.

For years, I have requested to support many times about having the simple features of editing. There are many note apps out there that do it. It is not an iPad limitation. However, I am still "driving a car without basics like brakes".

It is beyond my understanding, I guess, why there is no font choices and other editing features to make the notes look better than something a text-only file looks like. I keep checking back each year and am surprised that Evernote is the only product like it on the market that does not provide note editing features beyond bold, etc.

• Level 5*

It's frequently agreed that the editor is long overdue for a refit,  but they;re unlikely to rewrite significant bits of it for one feature such as fonts.  Rumour has it that a rewrite is under way,  but it's probably a complete revision, which means a lot of work and some time to test it thoroughly.

If the rumor of a re-write is true, I can understand that it takes full focus, especially if it includes making the editing area with more standard features like the competition has. Thank you for your thoughts.

Really hope this rumour turns out to be true! :)

It's frequently agreed that the editor is long overdue for a refit, but they;re unlikely to rewrite significant bits of it for one feature such as fonts. Rumour has it that a rewrite is under way, but it's probably a complete revision, which means a lot of work and some time to test it thoroughly.

• Level 5*

Well normally if I come out with something like "Evernote will never consider that",  they either say the update is coming or it gets released within a couple of days.  This way I may have killed the whole thing...

Archived