Ignored 1 Month free paid with points before subscription expired

I have a BIG problem. My Premium 1 month paid subscription expired on 2.01.2014. So in the morning of that day, before expiration, having used all traffic i was unable to upload anything. So I used 10 points from refferal program for 1 month premium. The counter resetet and I had 30 days of Premium and 1 Gigabyte. Oddly, the change reflected only on desktop computer, not on another computer, even after sync. At some point even showed the old info (expires today message). Then it stabilized to 30 days remaining in cycle and 800 MB (i have uploaded 200 MB) on all devices. Then after midnight (local time) i received a message that Premium expired and i was stuck with free account.  am free and with 60 MB. I thought this might happen, but i didn't have patience to wait till Premium expires to use the points.

When I used the points a warning message appeared saying something about subscription expiration, but I didn't payed attention.

My card is empty now so I'm out of options.

Please advise

I have a BIG problem. My Premium 1 month paid subscription expired on 2.01.2014. So in the morning of that day, before expiration, having used all traffic i was unable to upload anything. So I used 10 points from refferal program for 1 month premium. The counter resetet and I had 30 days of Premium and 1 Gigabyte. Oddly, the change reflected only on desktop computer, not on another computer, even after sync. At some point even showed the old info (expires today message). Then it stabilized to 30 days remaining in cycle and 800 MB (i have uploaded 200 MB) on all devices. Then after midnight (local time) i received a message that Premium expired and i was stuck with free account.  am free and with 60 MB. I thought this might happen, but i didn't have patience to wait till Premium expires to use the points.

When I used the points a warning message appeared saying something about subscription expiration, but I didn't payed attention.

My card is empty now so I'm out of options.

Please advise

Well, it's not helpful that you don't know what the message was, but here goes.

First, are you sure when you used points that it extended your premium account for a month instead of simply adding another gig?  There is a difference.  When you have a premium account & add another gig, that does not extend the refresh date & any unused upload is lost.  IOW, if my premium account refreshes tomorrow & I add another gig today (rather than extend my subscription) and I only use half the gig, my account will still roll over tomorrow & I will lose the unused half gig.  So it sounds like you used your points to add a gig, rather than extend your subscription.  Either way, you'll need to submit a support ticket.  (See my sig.)

I am positive I selected 1 month Premium, not another gig. Plus I had view on account usage i have 30 days left in cycle. . I replied to a support ticket I opened yesterday for sunc with this new problem and waiting for response. I will tell you folks the sollution. Now I'm totally dependent of Premium features and very unhappy.

OK, resolved by support. They saw I have used the points and restored the premium status. Still, an advice for other people who want to use points to prolong subscription: first let subscription expire, then use the points.  

• 1 month later...

problem with what you said in last post, I can't let my Premium subscription expire because it is set on auto-renew.  And I can't figure out how to cancel and auto-renew via iTunes and just use my points.  I have redeemed several months worth of points but don't see them anywhere in billing history.  Can you only do 1 month at a time via points?

Archived