Are Daily limits based on 24 hrs or calendar days?

I searched for the answer to this but could not find one in the forum. So I'm posting my question here.

I'm trying to implement The Secret Weapon method for using EN, and currently I'm going through a backlog of emails. Yesterday I uploaded close to the 50-message limit on non-premium accounts, but today EN sent me this error message:

"The storage limit for this account has been reached."

It makes no mention of why or how the limit was reached, but there is a note in the message saying that an upgrade to Premium would get rid of the 50-message daily limit. I also searched the Web and saw that people got this message when they reached the 50-message limit. So I'm guessing this is what's going on for me.

(HINT TO EVERNOTE: Make the error message more specific. E.g., The storage limit is ### UUU per XXX, where "###" is a number, "UUU" is the units, and "XXX" is the time period. So for the 50-message limit this would read, "The storage limit is 50 email messages per day.")

But here's what's puzzling me. The Inbox of my EN account shows no new note added since Yesterday. Therefore, the number of messages submitted today is 0. Also, I am at less than 50% of the bandwidth allotment for this month.

The only explanation for this problem I can think of is that EN counts messages per 24 hours, rather than per day. If so, this should be made more clear. Using a daily limit, during a 30-day month, the user would be able to upload 1500 notes. But if EN is basing the limit on 24 hours rather than calendar days, emails received at say 11:45 PM would not allow any submissions for most of the following day. So instead of 1500 notes, the practical number of notes would be somewhere between 750 and 1500.

Can anyone shed more light on this?

Thanks.

I searched for the answer to this but could not find one in the forum. So I'm posting my question here.

I'm trying to implement The Secret Weapon method for using EN, and currently I'm going through a backlog of emails. Yesterday I uploaded close to the 50-message limit on non-premium accounts, but today EN sent me this error message:

It makes no mention of why or how the limit was reached, but there is a note in the message saying that an upgrade to Premium would get rid of the 50-message daily limit. I also searched the Web and saw that people got this message when they reached the 50-message limit. So I'm guessing this is what's going on for me.

(HINT TO EVERNOTE: Make the error message more specific. E.g., The storage limit is ### UUU per XXX, where "###" is a number, "UUU" is the units, and "XXX" is the time period. So for the 50-message limit this would read, "The storage limit is 50 email messages per day.")

But here's what's puzzling me. The Inbox of my EN account shows no new note added since Yesterday. Therefore, the number of messages submitted today is 0. Also, I am at less than 50% of the bandwidth allotment for this month.

The only explanation for this problem I can think of is that EN counts messages per 24 hours, rather than per day. If so, this should be made more clear. Using a daily limit, during a 30-day month, the user would be able to upload 1500 notes. But if EN is basing the limit on 24 hours rather than calendar days, emails received at say 11:45 PM would not allow any submissions for most of the following day. So instead of 1500 notes, the practical number of notes would be somewhere between 750 and 1500.

Thanks.

There are a few limits with Evernote.  Grumpy Monkey will probably be along later with a link to his detailed info.  But in a nutshell, EN has a monthly upload limit.  There is also a note size limit & a number of incoming emails per day.  The emails per day limit is to prevent someone who has your "direct to EN email address" from spamming your EN account & maxxing it out.  Each limit differs based upon whether the account is free, premium or business. 

When your Evernote account is fed from outside sources (IE emails sent directly to your EN account, if you're using any client other than the web client, you need to sync that client for those notes to show up.

• Level 5*

Thanks.

There are a few limits with Evernote.  Grumpy Monkey will probably be along later with a link to his detailed info.  But in a nutshell, EN has a monthly upload limit.  There is also a note size limit & a number of incoming emails per day.  The emails per day limit is to prevent someone who has your "direct to EN email address" from spamming your EN account & maxxing it out.  Each limit differs based upon whether the account is free, premium or business. 

When your Evernote account is fed from outside sources (IE emails sent directly to your EN account, if you're using any client other than the web client, you need to sync that client for those notes to show up.

I'm afraid this one is beyond me. In fact, the OP's experience seems to suggest that my page about limits is wrong.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

I say on my page that you can RECEIVE up to 250 emails per day, but I have not tested this myself. My understanding is that you can SEND only 50 per day with a free account. Again, I have not tested this.

My advice with emails? As long as we are not talking about ones with attachments, export them as .html files (easy to do if you use Thunderbird) and drag them into Evernote. The process might only take a few minutes and can probably handle many thousands before you run out of your monthly upload limit. Please make sure to take a look at my limits page, because there is one very important limit you don't want to miss -- you can only have 100,000 notes in your account.

If you contact support (see my signature) and find out what an Evernote "day" is, let us know what they tell you!

One other point...OP seems to be using 'email' & 'note' interchangeably & in some cases, that's NBD. There is no daily limit on the number of notes one can add. Or if there's one & we haven't discovered it, I know it's more than 50, since I've easily added more than 50 notes on any given day & would guess GM has as well. The only note limit is total for the account of 100,000. So is OP trying to SEND over 50 emails from their EN account? Whereas, as you have in your (GM) webpage, emails (in & out) do have a daily limit. Perhaps OP can clarify.

• Level 5*

One other point...OP seems to be using 'email' & 'note' interchangeably & in some cases, that's NBD. There is no daily limit on the number of notes one can add. Or if there's one & we haven't discovered it, I know it's more than 50, since I've easily added more than 50 notes on any given day & would guess GM has as well. The only note limit is total for the account of 100,000. So is OP trying to SEND over 50 emails from their EN account? Whereas, as you have in your (GM) webpage, emails (in & out) do have a daily limit. Perhaps OP can clarify.

I've created 20,000+ notes in one day, so no problems there :)

I agree that we need to be clear about the terms, because otherwise we may not be talking about the same limits. I'm not sure why the OP would be mailing any notes, but that would make a lot more sense to me regarding this warning message. At any rate, Evernote is not structured to handle a bunch of emails at once, and if possible, I strongly recommend the email -> .html -> drag/drop into Evernote method. You could theoretically finish moving an entire email account into Evernote (assuming you had less than 100,000 emails) in just a few minutes (the processing may take a few hours, though).

Archived