Unable to use Evernote on Android: sql database error

Hi,

Since a couple of days I have been unable to use Evernote on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2). I am getting this error message (translated from Dutch): Read/write error database file. Evernote cannot create the database file. If the problem persists, please restart your phone and check that the SD-card is not full android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database.

I get the error immediately after logging in to Evernote on my phone. Even if I log out and log in again, I still get the sam error message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote. I have tried deleting the Evernote folder from the SD card, but it seems to be write protected. Evernote on my iPad and on the PC, as well as the web version all work fine.

Please help.

Best regards,

Guido

Hello!  I'll try my best to help you out with this.

First thing to try: Formatting the SD Card.  Data on it may be corrupt.  Remove any data that you need from that card before you do though!

Second thing to try: Replace the SD Card.  It may have gone bad.

Last Resort (As you've tried the others...): Do a factory reset.  Ensure that you've backed up all your data before you do this!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Using Samsung Galaxy S2. Got this error today.

The problem was damaged file system of internal card. I connected phone to PC (as USB Storage, so you can see you card as a drive in Window) and fix problem by checking drive.

• 1 year later...

the SQLite error code 14 occurs mainly when the operating system might have crashed or the application you may not have closed properly or can be occure from several reasons. to solve this error, your settings in the directory needed to be changed where your database is stored. for more information see here: http://sqliteviewer.com/blog/know-manual-solution-of-sqlite-error-code-14.html

Archived