(Archived) Organizing within notebooks

i think it would be very useful to be able to create headings or "subnotebook" within a notebook. for example, would be nice to name a notebook "auto" and be able to within that notebook create subheadings like insurance, registration, title, etc.. so when i am looking for my last insurance card or quote, i would open "auto" notebook and look for insurance heading within auto notebook and voila. As things are now,  once you scan a document, you can only designate a notebook for it to go to. Once inside that notebook, you can't organize or move things around. 

• Level 5

i think it would be very useful to be able to create headings or "subnotebook" within a notebook. for example, would be nice to name a notebook "auto" and be able to within that notebook create subheadings like insurance, registration, title, etc.. so when i am looking for my last insurance card or quote, i would open "auto" notebook and look for insurance heading within auto notebook and voila. As things are now,  once you scan a document, you can only designate a notebook for it to go to. Once inside that notebook, you can't organize or move things around. 

It is unlikely we will see subnotebooks. The subject has been discussed many times over the years in this forum.

The current setup is

Stacks

Notebooks

Notes

There are two strong solutions to subnotebooks:

1.) Use intitle: search

For all your notes on insurance, include the word insurance in the title of each note.

Then use the following search command to find all your insurance notes:

intitle:insurance

and/or

2.) Use tags

This is where Evernote really shines. Assign a tag named car to each of your automobile notes.

Then use the following search command to find all your automobile notes:

tag:car

If you use both methods, you can combine searches (there are many other means also)

To find all notes that pertain to your automobile insurance:

intitle:insurance tag:car

To find all notes that pertain to other types of insurance (medical, dental, life, but not automobile insurance):

intitle:insurance -tag:car

To find all notes that pertain to you automobile (but not related to insurance)

-intitle:insurance tag:car

Archived