(Archived) Add Photo To Scanned Business Card

nivaun

Idea

How do you edit or add a photo to a scanned business card? I have scanned a few business card that did not include a contact photo and would like to add one.

The editing capabilities seem ridiculously limited. Sure wish Evernote would thoroughly figure out what functions a feature should logically be capable of before releasing to the public. Evernote has so much potential and it is a shame they release new features with complete disregard to actual usability. Reminders is another example of poor execution.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5

How do you edit or add a photo to a scanned business card? I have scanned a few business card that did not include a contact photo and would like to add one.

Instead of using a photo editing program, I just put the contact photo of the person into a new note, then merge the business card and the photo together.

Easy and fast

For consistency, the merged note has the business card first and the photo second.

I usually remove the big blue note separator bars for a more attractive presentation.

What you are describing does't sound like the new business card feature Evernote just made. Adding photos and a business card image is easy. When Evernote processes a business card it generates a contact photo if it finds one and creates data links of email and more. You can edit data fields and add a note between the data and the business card image. What I can't figure out is how to edit the contact photo.

I do not get a big blue note separator. 

I played around with this last night and couldn't find any easy way to add a contact picture. It's a brand new feature. Evernote may have plans to extend it or they may leave that open to third party software. Evernote employees do read these posts, though they don't always comment and rarely discuss future plans.

I'm not sure how many of my business contacts would be comfortable letting me take a picture of them anyway! ;-)

I played around with this last night and couldn't find any easy way to add a contact picture. It's a brand new feature. Evernote may have plans to extend it or they may leave that open to third party software. Evernote employees do read these posts, though they don't always comment and rarely discuss future plans.

I'm not sure how many of my business contacts would be comfortable letting me take a picture of them anyway! ;-)

I think the business card feature looks at our contacts to get more information. I've added a few business cards that when processed into a note have a lot more information attached than what is on the card plus a photo. These people were already in my contacts. Seems like they could also get their contact information from social sites if that option becomes available.

I hadn't thought to try scanning a card for someone who's already in my contacts as, well, they're already in my contacts. Scanned a card I had lying around from someone who is in my contacts who has a picture associated with the contact. Yes, it did populate the picture into Evernote.

However, I thought your question was about editing the Evernote note, not hooking into social networks. Sorry I misunderstood. Again, we'll know if they decide to do that when they do it.

Best of luck!

I hadn't thought to try scanning a card for someone who's already in my contacts as, well, they're already in my contacts. Scanned a card I had lying around from someone who is in my contacts who has a picture associated with the contact. Yes, it did populate the picture into Evernote.

However, I thought your question was about editing the Evernote note, not hooking into social networks. Sorry I misunderstood. Again, we'll know if they decide to do that when they do it.

Best of luck!

My question is about editing the Evernote note concerning the contact picture. I know the data fields are editable but can not figure out how to edit the contact photo. I can't figure out why they have it in the first place if it's not editable. It doesn't matter to me whether or not Evernote hooks up to a social network. I just want to be able to edit the contact photo.

That's what I thought you meant in your first post. However, in your second, you seem to be expressing a desire to connect the note to social networks. Regardless, as I previously mentioned, Evernote employees do read the forum so you can consider your suggestion made.

Best of luck.

Archived