(Archived) Using Evernote as a Sales Organization Tool

Is there a good resource to show how to use tags and notebooks for sales. I just finished a great YouTube series from Cameron Plommer. Is the best way to organize clients via TAGS and not Notebooks? Should Notebooks be used as storage locations for finished tasks? Any insight would be appreciate. I am rebuilding my Evernote account for my personal and business notes. 

• Level 5*

Hi - not aware of any specific sales related stuff,  but in general you should be able to take any organisational structure and modify it into notes and tags.  There are limits which may affect your choices -on the number of notebooks forinstance (250) - and you should bear in mind that search is a very powerful tool,  though it does have some quirks.  Do remember that your data is safe (but keep database backups anyway...) and you can always try a small scale setup for a while and change the process around until it fits your needs.  We tend to stress around here that the best structure for your notes is the one that you are comfortable with,  and you'll learn the best way to deal with your particular account by trying out different approaches.

Thanks for the replies.

1.) I am not using dedicated notebooks for each client anymore. Due to the 250 notebook limitation. I have hundreds of clients. It looks like tagging is the best approach since there is a 250 Notebook limit. 

2.) The difficulty in the GTD approach is how to treat each client. I currently have them TAGS.

3.) I have some additional flags such as .Call/Email .WaitingforResponse .ToDoList .Voicemails .Agenda

4.) I have narrowed down the Notebooks to a primary stack consisting of Active Projects, In-Active Project, Lost Projects, Completed projects. 

Questions that have come up and that I am working on:

1.) When I am working on a specific task do I move it to my Actions Notebook? When I am finished how do I tag it and move on?

2.) If a particular client has 30 notes for example, how and where do I organize the notes when tasks are completed? Do I remove the TAGS? Do I move it to a new Notebook? 

Thanks

• Level 5*

1.) When I am working on a specific task do I move it to my Actions Notebook? When I am finished how do I tag it and move on?

I'd suggest double-clicking the note to open it in a separate window on your desktop so you can focus on that content.  When you've finished processing it,  tag it with the next task and set a reminder (if you need to) for the time/ date you want to start that action.

2.) If a particular client has 30 notes for example, how and where do I organize the notes when tasks are completed? Do I remove the TAGS? Do I move it to a new Notebook? 

This one's up to you.  I'd remove reminders and any process tags,  create or edit one note as a short summary to include client contact details,  job type and any comments - like "don't accept this order again..." and add an 'Archive' tag to all notes...  then I'd move them to a 'closed' notebook.

Archived