(Archived) One Annotation Re-Uploads an entirely new PDF?

jeffreedee

I'm a noob (to Evernote Premium and PDF annotation) and helping a friend get setup with Evernote Premium. She has two hundred 10-60 MB PDFs (handwritten and typed) she would like to annotate. It appears that every time she annotates a PDF, a completely new PDF is generated and uploaded. That seems incredibly inefficient and unnecessary, but, then again, I'm not a developer.

I would have thought that the annotations would simply be a small (as in KBs) addition. She keeps hitting the upload quota. Is a change-only upload/sync wishful thinking for annotated PDFs?

I'm a noob (to Evernote Premium and PDF annotation) and helping a friend get setup with Evernote Premium. She has two hundred 10-60 MB PDFs (handwritten and typed) she would like to annotate. It appears that every time she annotates a PDF, a completely new PDF is generated and uploaded. That seems incredibly inefficient and unnecessary, but, then again, I'm not a developer.

I would have thought that the annotations would simply be a small (as in KBs) addition. She keeps hitting the upload quota. Is a change-only upload/sync wishful thinking for annotated PDFs?

Yes, this is my understanding. Any file attachment that is modified must be re-uploaded because it's an entirely different file. And since the file attachments are part of the note that is a record in the database, I guess either block updates are not possible or require more engineer hours that Evernote has been able to devote at this time. I don't know. However, you can add files to a local/non-synced notebook. When you've completed the annotation, move it to a synced notebook.

Archived