Lots of Network and HTML junk from Web Clipper

DerikB

Idea

I'm a web developer and use the Chrome dev tools a lot. Just today (was there a web clipper update?) I'm noticing multiple iframes embedded into every webpage from the web clipper and a ton of entries in my Network panel related to the web clipper. Also a few console warnings.

What is going on? All those things make my work just that much harder.

9 replies to this idea

I also find this very annoying. My web dev tools are riddled with requests from evernote.

Until they are all removed I can't really find myself using evernote.

Also the new clipper is way past understanding and I really don't mean how it shows or clips. It's just convoluted... please note that I don't clip everything I see and hardly remember what each button do.

I am also noticing that these iframes seem to be occasionally rendered very briefly before a page loads. Seems to generally happen once per new tab.  Sometimes but not always reproducible. Very annoying.

Web Clipper 6.0.8 in Chrome version 31.0.1650.63 on Mac OS 10.7.5

This continues to be a problem. Evernote scripts are throwing exceptions because 'Browser.addMessageHandlers is not a function' when running in mobile spoofing mode. I run Chrome with halt on exceptions so I can quickly detect problems, and I'd prefer not to have to disable Evernote or resume all the exceptions.

I've been lurking this forum post for a while now, but seems like no action has been taken. I have to use an alternate browser (with Web Clipper installed) whenever I need something to be clipped. 

This is really a shame because otherwise, Evernote is a great product. Part of the responsibility lies with Google. I don't think end users should be able to debug your addons, or throw JS errors into your console. 

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Asken12345 said:

Yeah... I'm not using Evernote anymore. Problem solved and there are better tools out there.

Thank you for continuing to participate in the Evernote forums?  ?

Can you share with us the name of the product you switched to, and the pros and cons?

Archived