Importing from Springpad to Evernote

Good morning,

I am trying to make the switch from Springpad to Evernote and am having issues importing my notes from there to here.
I have done a good amount of searching online, and am aware this comes up regularly, but can't find anything either recent or that works. (With so many changes to each program, any workaround seems to inevitably become obsolete, fairly quickly.) I am pretty computer literate and proficient, but I am no coder. I was hoping someone might be able to suggest something I could try.

I am working off of a Mac and use Chrome.

I have exported the .zip from Springpad, extracted the folder, yet when I try and import anything into Evernote, I can't chose any folder or file.

Any help, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Some of my Springpad notes are saved in two notebooks. How would they transfer? Would they be placed in one notebook, or would two copies be made with one in each notebook? I do not see an option in Evernote to save one copy of a note in two notebooks.

At this point, I'm not sure if they would transfer at all.

That is what I am trying to figure out.

From what I understand it is not something that is Evernote's "fault" (they make their API available) but has to do with Springpad.
I am just wondering if anyone recently has found a workaround.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Grumpy,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I had found and tried those workarounds, none of which worked.

:(

On a side note... I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Christopher MaLo. Strange...

Sorry to hear that nothing worked out for you. Have you contacted support? I think they are the folks to talk with, because they have probably handled a bunch of similar requests. As for your last name, it could easily be mistaken for mine! However, I've got no beard, so I don't think anyone will be mistaking us for one another if we bump into each other somewhere :)

Grumpy,

You need to be a premium member to contact support.

I would join, at least temporarily, if I knew for a fact I could get this resolved.

I don't want to pay for a service I'm not sure if I can transfer over to.

• Level 5*

Grumpy,

You need to be a premium member to contact support.

I would join, at least temporarily, if I knew for a fact I could get this resolved.

I don't want to pay for a service I'm not sure if I can transfer over to.

Nope. Everyone gets support. Give it a try :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christopher

Were support able to give you a solution that worked?  I'm trying to do the same (but am a windows user rather than Mac) so was wondering if there was a platform independent solution that support had given you?

Thanks.

Hi Christopher

Were support able to give you a solution that worked?  I'm trying to do the same (but am a windows user rather than Mac) so was wondering if there was a platform independent solution that support had given you?

Thanks.

Please read post #8.

• 4 months later...

I was easily able to use the Springpad instructions to transfer ALL of my files from SP to EN using their links and instructions. I opened my Evernote account and while it took a long time to download and sync, everything was there. very clean and far more organized than I expected. I half expected some kind of a large, single, 'dump' of data that I would have to re-organize.

I've always been a longtime user of both of these services, but while I'm sad Springpad couldn't stick around, I'm pleased not to have 2 different services now. Springpad was really good at what it did, and Evernote really is King, and I'm happy they collaborated to make this transition as simple as they did.

Kudos. Also, another Kudos to Evernote for lifting their free subscription limits in order for us to import our files. Very classy.

Archived