(Archived) Blackberry SnapShot Error

Hm, that looks like an old bug that we thought was fixed.

Could you check the version of the application running on your device using the "About Evernote" menu item?

Also - try using Check for Updates to make sure you have the latest version.

Thanks

We just pushed out a new version (.155). Could you try to update one more time and let us know whether you still see this cryptic error?

Thanks again

I updated the application and unfortunately still get the error. I don't see anyone else getting this error in the forums - maybe it is something peculiar with my Bold.

Thanks.

Actually, I've reproduced this on my Bold. If I scroll over to the "Snapshot" button and then click the trackball twice quickly, I see this dialog. If I only click the ball once and then wait, the camera application launches and I can take a picture.

Can you try just clicking the trackball once on your device and see whether you still see this dialog?

Thanks

Actually, I've reproduced this on my Bold. If I scroll over to the "Snapshot" button and then click the trackball twice quickly, I see this dialog. If I only click the ball once and then wait, the camera application launches and I can take a picture.

Can you try just clicking the trackball once on your device and see whether you still see this dialog?

Thanks

I've made sure I only click the track ball once, wait for awhile then take a picture, and I still get the error. (FYI: my carrier is Orange in the UK).

However I just noticed that within the Evernote camera application there is an 'Advanced Snapshot' option that launches the native BB camera application. I don't get any errors using this option and it posts the note/picture up to Evernote successfully. This is at least a nice solution to the problem for the moment. Is there any significant difference between the Evernote camera application and the native BB camera application?

Thanks.

The native BB camera application will vary between devices. Our app tries to give a consistent snapshot interface across devices, but it seems like there may be some issue on yours.

Could you grab your device software version numbers by holding down the Alt and Shift keys while pressing the letter 'H' on your BlackBerry? This should bring up a screen that gives the Platform and "App Version" numbers, which would be useful to help narrow down your issue.

Thanks again

My Bold software versions are:

Platform: 4.0.0.206

App Version: 4.6.0.247 (418)

It isn't the original software that came with the Bold. I have upgraded the software a few times.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I think I stumbled onto the solution for this problem. I had an error in another unrelated application that made me think it had something to do with permissions. I went into Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> Evernote -> Edit Permissions. The 'Interactions' sections was set to Custom, with some sub entries set to Deny (I think 'Input Simulation', 'Recording', etc). I set the whole 'Interactions' section to Allow. The above problem seems to have disappeared - I can now take pictures with Evernote's built in snapshot module.

Just a complete guess on my part but it seems to work now.

Just for your info I set the 'Interactions' section back to Custom and the error reappears. When I set it to Custom, four sub entries are set to Deny: 'Input Selection', 'Browser Filtering', 'Recording' and 'Security Timer Reset'.

It must be something weird with my phone and I'll check it again when the next version of the application comes out.

Thanks.

Archived