Bottom of note content cut off in Windows (EN version 5.0.3)

vsz

Hi,

I noticed with the latest EN for Windows (5.0.x) that occasionally if the note is exactly the right length the bottom of the note is note visible or appears to be overlapped by something.  See this example:

EjUZ35X.png

There is text above the link that is not visible in the example above.  If I add text or increase space then things become visible again, but that bottom white bar is always there.  It may have to do with scrolling... I can't seem to figure out the exact cause.

At any rate, some notes have a normal looking bottom, like this:

OLf9GJP.png

While others looks weird and flirt with the problem above:

gr6X6c8.png

Anyone else seeing this?  BTW, I searched and couldnt' find a similar thread, sorry if this is old news.

• Level 5*

I think you're in the right place,  I've not seen any other reports like this yet.

I'm on the Beta track but don't have the same experience (that I've noticed) in 5.1 - if you open the note in its own window does the bottom margin problem still happen?

Thanks for chiming in.  When I double click the note and open in it's own window it does not have this same bottom margin problem.  

I think you're in the right place,  I've not seen any other reports like this yet.

I'm on the Beta track but don't have the same experience (that I've noticed) in 5.1 - if you open the note in its own window does the bottom margin problem still happen?

• Level 5*

Looks like one of those problems you have to live with unless and until it becomes annoying enough to make you want to spend an hour or two fixing it..  I'd suggest raising a support ticket (see below) in case the team have any specific information,  otherwise you could consider uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote, rebuilding your database and doing a general defrag and system clean up.

(Edit: sorry - those are either-ors,  not a sequential list!)

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, I see this an awful lot. It occurs at both the top and bottom of the page. In fact, occasionally, the whole note is nearly invisible; top, bottom, sections missing. See the attached for an example.

Unlike the original poster, it happens in both the Evernote all-encompassing window and the double-clicked note-only window. I'm running Evernote 5.3.1.3363.

It displays absolutely fine on my iPhone and iPad.

post-199295-0-86358300-1399376841_thumb.

• 1 year later...

It's happening to me too. If I Ctrl+A to select all and then copy it to Notepad or Word the whole note is there, but you can't get to it in Evernote itself. So the information in my case is just hidden with no scroll bar in the part the note is in.

• 1 month later...

The problem was reported in 2013 and so far we have no solution?

It reminded me of the highlight feature. Such a simple thing that took years to be implemented.

But in this case it is worse because it was good and now has become bad.
Why is it so difficult to include a scroll bar?

• Level 5*

The last three posts seem like completely different issues from anything raised (some years) before..  There's a scroll bar - admittedly a narrow one,  but its there - in all note windows.  If you're having problems seeing note contents,  try switching 'context' off.

If you're having problems seeing note contents,  try switching 'context' off.

Thanks but that doesn't help because I do not use premium so that option doesn't appear for me. Now I remember there was a "Context" popup at the bottom of notes that I had X'ed out of but the space was still there. I found No Context's post on the topic about fixing it by changing the relevant registry entry, so my issue (which is still a bug and should be fixed), is fixed now for me personally. 

There's a scroll bar - admittedly a narrow one,  but its there - in all note windows.

I was missing another scroll bar inside the box that stays before the 'context'.

If you're having problems seeing note contents,  try switching 'context' off.

Thank you gazunped!

Switching 'context' off worked for me!

(Tools >> Options >> Context)

Anyway, I still think evernote should add another scroll bar in the textbox that wraps the note when 'context' is activated.

Archived