(Archived) (Archived) Is there an easy way to append text to an existing note?

zbernie

Using my Moto X, I can say "OK google now", "Note to self", "This is a test note which will be added to Evernote".

The note will automatically be added to Evernote, since I have Evernote selected as the default note app.

Is it possible to automate the process of appending text to an existing note? 

I don't know if this would work and I left my Droid Maxx at home today. However, I use a program called PostEver that can be set to create a new note in Evernote for every day. Anything you type into the app during that calendar day will be appended to one note for that day. I don't know if it could be set to be the default note app, if setting it as such would mess up other parts of your workflow. But there is, I believe a free version you could play with.

Best of luck.

As far as I know, I think the only way to append to a note is via email.

Append an email to an existing note

To add some text to an existing note, put a " +" at the end of your subject line and we'll place the body of the email into the most recent note with that title.

Not sure if this is something you could work into your workflow or not.

I don't know if this would work and I left my Droid Maxx at home today. However, I use a program called PostEver that can be set to create a new note in Evernote for every day. Anything you type into the app during that calendar day will be appended to one note for that day. I don't know if it could be set to be the default note app, if setting it as such would mess up other parts of your workflow. But there is, I believe a free version you could play with.

Best of luck.

Now if I could only figure out how to have my Moto X send a draft email with the subject already formatted!

Archived