(Archived) Request: offline notebooks and security for free users

First, sorry if I duplicated existed topic, but I didn't find anything after quick look.

I'm a big fan of Evernote since I started using it years ago. And still I cant get why is it restricted that much for free users? I really think that offline notebooks and a PIN-code protection are the essential things. I cant really say about two-step verification...

What people actually should pay for in my opinion is bandwidth, when Evernote servers are actually being used.

The leak of above features are forcing me to look for alternatives. Besides, PIN is a feature that exists almost everywhere now. I guess I used premium for about year and I dont really think I will pay for things that are essential anymore (I payed only because of them).

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Offline notebooks *do* use bandwidth. Offline notebooks cause designated notebooks to be cached on a mobile device; that almost guarantees that the bandwidth usage will be higher.

First, sorry if I duplicated existed topic, but I didn't find anything after quick look.

I'm a big fan of Evernote since I started using it years ago. And still I cant get why is it restricted that much for free users? I really think that offline notebooks and a PIN-code protection are the essential things. I cant really say about two-step verification...

What people actually should pay for in my opinion is bandwidth, when Evernote servers are actually being used.

The leak of above features are forcing me to look for alternatives. Besides, PIN is a feature that exists almost everywhere now. I guess I used premium for about year and I dont really think I will pay for things that are essential anymore (I payed only because of them).

Thanks.

There's an adage that beggars can't be choosers. 

We try to offer a very rich set of functionality for Free users, which you can use for years without paying us a nickel. But we are a business with employees who like to eat food and pay rent, so we must choose some set of features and capabilities that are reserved for paying customers to encourage some people (approximately 5% of all active users) to cover the cost of writing the software and running the servers.

Adding full offline synchronization to low-powered mobile phones takes many months of engineering to build and tune, so we've put that into the "pay" bucket instead of other options (e.g. charge everyone for the Android client).

Archived