Has there been any feedback here from Evernote about Jot Script issues

philsheard

Hi all

I wanted this thread to discuss the process and feedback from either Evernote or Adonit about Jot Script issues, not to talk about the issues themselves.

Like many others I pre-ordered an Adonit / Evernote Jot Script when it was announced. I also just upgraded my iPad 2 to an Air, to take advantage of the Bluetooth support for the Script and better portability for note taking. To add to the problems, I had to wait 3 weeks for the pen to be delivered to Australia.

Has there been any acknowledgement from Evernote about the issues we're experiencing? I'd like to believe that the experience will improve with firmware updates to the app, but without some acknowledgement that someone is listening I can't see that happening.

The product has both logos on there so I see the two companies both having responsibility for the product working.

Look forward to hearing from Evernote and the community on here.

There have been several threads. A search of the forum should locate them pretty quickly. 

Best of luck. 

Thanks for the reply.

I have read as many of the other threads, but what wasn't clear was whether the teams repsonsible (Evernote, Penultimate or Adonit) had addressed the issues?

Are we talking to ourselves, or are the right people listening and working on a solution?

That's a good question, I'd second that. Until now there have only been very few comments from Evernote/Adonit. They should at least acknowledge the problems and help us clarify whether the issues are related to the software (iOS or Penultimate) or to the hardware.

I'm afraid firmware updates will not be possible without returning the device  :(

Evernote staff read all posts, though they don't necessarily reply. If you need a response on your particular issue, open a support ticket. There's a link in my signature.

This is the main point of my question - we shouldn't all individually need to ask Evernote in private whether the many reported issues are being worked on.

The idea of a forum is to have a public conversation so others can benefit from the knowledge and it's more efficient for everyone.

So - returning to the original question, in bullets for readability:

• Have Evernote or Adonit acknowledged the issues people are reporting - either in public or in private?
  • If so - Are they working on improvements to the app to handle this? Or do we all need to return these faulty products?

To be clear - I want to the Jot Script to work and I want to keep it. I'm willing to wait out for a fix, but if none is coming then there's no point.

• Level 5*

Remember that this is a user forum. Although Evernote staff do read the posts and will chime in from time to time, it looks like you have specific questions. You are more likely to get a response via a support ticket.

I politely disagree that this is a specific question - I'd say it's a very general question.

I am asking the forum community whether anyone has seen Evernote or Adonit acknowledge the reported issues with the Jot Script pen.

There are lots of threads explaining that the palm rejection works poorly and that they are disappointed with the performance. I have also tweeted and raised a support request. Despite being a premium member I still haven't had a reply.

This looks like a clear case of tactical silence to me, unless anyone comments otherwise, to avoid acknowledging the $80 stylus just doesn't work very well.

• Level 5*

Did you get a ticket number? If you didn't then your ticket wasn't opened successfully. Either way, support works business hours Pacific time so it's unlikely you will hear over the weekend.

I haven't seen anyone from evernote on here saying that there are issues, there a few threads where people have made recommendations on usage. If you want info from Adonit then I suggest you go to their site.

If you are really unhappy, I suggest you just try and get a refund - life is way too short.

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted in the Evernote Marketplace forum that I feel the Jot Scrips is non functional as delivered and not ready for prime time.  I suggested that they were doing users a major disservice by showcasing the product, which is a POS if there ever was one.

Not that I have an opinion or anything, I am just waiting for a credit to show up in Paypal from the return. 

One of the main reasons why neither company has made a public statement about "issues" with the Jot Script is that it is not clear that there are "issues" with it. That is, it is not clear exactly if there is some widespread problem that might indicate a fundamental design flaw in the Jot Script that deserves a press release and product recall. I am sure that Evernote and Adonit will publicly shame themselves if they find there really is a flaw in the design of the unit. Until then, open a support ticket. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had almost exaclty the same problem, until it stopped...

...because whole pen stopped writing at all. It is detected in various apps. But doesnt write at all. Strangely it does some random marks when i have my palm on the screen (marks under the nib, not palm), but those are so random that its completely unusable. 99% timesit doesnt work.

The funny thing is that first day it was working fine, so i put it away for few days and didnt use it. Finally when i have time it first starts to loose ink more and more and then stops writing. I even put 3 different new batteries. Nothing changed. All is still broken. And adonit doesnt even respond to my support requests.

And you Evernote, making resposes like "mine works" are showng that u dont give a damn about your customers. Because your works that means for others work too? Please stop insulting us.

And you Evernote, making resposes like "mine works" are showng that u dont give a damn about your customers. Because your works that means for others work too? Please stop insulting us.

I think perhaps you misunderstand the way this forum works. So far, no one who works for Evernote has responded here to tell you anything. I'm not sure how my stating that my pen works is any more insulting that you saying yours does not.

It's not an insult. It simply points out that the problem is not across the board for all users, which is a helpful thing to know when debugging a problem.

Archived