Request: ALT+Shift+Arrow Keys Move Lines Up/Down within Note

ritmatt

Before Evernote, Microsoft Word was my go-to tool for keeping notes, working through ideas, and outlining simple projects. Evernote is great and I am using it more and more for keeping track of things I want to remember. However, there are a few simple features of Microsoft Word that I really miss. Among those, the number one thing that keeps me using Word is the ability to quickly move lines up and down the page with the keyboard shortcut ALT+SHIFT+up/down arrow keys. So simple! Please, Evernote, add this functionality to Notes pages in Evernote for Windows!

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Yup - said it before (many times) - the Editor is long overdue for an upgrade;  I sympathise with Evernote to a degree - 

1) Whatever they implement has to work on many different platforms and multiple OS's,  and

2) Evernote isn't meant to be a word processor anyway,  and

3) I hate bloat and multiple menus

Premium members can now include Word documents that get indexed like PDFs,  and anyone can produce drafts in Word and copy/ paste the text into a note alongside the embedded Word file,  so there are workarounds..

But I hope something is in the pipeline.

• 4 months later...

There are so many things I miss in the evernote editor that its just sad.

1. Table formatting (just something other than the thick black lines)

2. Plugin architecture

- just imagine what a workflowy, calca, markdown plugin could bring to this eco system

3. simple editing methods like up+down of lines, shift characters, indentation of a list of checkboxes.... 

• Level 5*

One of the Evernote devs confirmed yesterday (unusually) that they're actively working on 1) and 3) as we speak.  

2) already exists - see the Evernote API and Evernote App Center (see below);  up to external developers what they do with that...

• 3 months later...

One of the Evernote devs confirmed yesterday (unusually) that they're actively working on 1) and 3) as we speak.  

That is brilliant news!  The ability to move lines up & down is the one thing I really miss since migrating from OneNote...

• Level 5*

That is brilliant news!  The ability to move lines up & down is the one thing I really miss since migrating from OneNote...

That was weeks ago,  and improvements have already been delivered on most clients - its an ongoing process so no doubt there will be more...

Archived