(Archived) Where are the icon descriptions?

jbenson2

• Level 5

For instance, what does this icon do?

It looks to be related to tags. Hovering the mouse over the icon has no effect.
http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/85269080-656c-42b2-a4c1-4d22f68a070a/24b9c9d78c52e204723cd00e692a66fa

The only mention in the knowledgebase I could find was:
http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23186077

Additional comment
Evernote admits "We are routinely asked to define exactly what these icons mean, so here goes:"

But...

the icons appear to be for older versions of Evernote (knowledgebase updated 2013-06-16). 

Evernote 5.0 was released a couple months ago.

This is the "Jump to tags" function. Same as Alt + Shift + T

(also View -> Jump to tags)

Lets you search by tags, and allows for further narrowing of the tags, as it adjusts the next tag search to only those that are also used in conjunction with the first tag.

• Level 5*

When it's gray, it does the jump-to-tags thing. When it's blue with a little 'x' by it, it clears any tags from the current search. I found this out by by clicking in the icons.

• Level 5

This is the "Jump to tags" function. Same as Alt + Shift + T

(also View -> Jump to tags)

Lets you search by tags, and allows for further narrowing of the tags, as it adjusts the next tag search to only those that are also used in conjunction with the first tag.

Thank you for the explanation, but the I still want Evernote knowledgebase employees to understand that:

1.) there is no mouse-hover-over feature on the icon

2.) there is no short description next to the icon (when it is black)

3.) there is no version 5.0 icon info in the Knowledgebase, even though they are "routinely asked to define exactly what these icons mean"

• 4 weeks later...

Archived