Creating a Normalized Collection Screen with Applescript

Scooter

Idea

Hi:

I'm trying to do something super simple, but it's proving super diffiult.  All I want is to open a collection window with no search term, no tags or notebooks not NOTHING.  And I would like it sorted newest to oldest (in other words, I want to see the last few things I added to evernote no matter where or with what tags I added them.  This is fairly easy in the front end, but it requires enough clicking, highlighting and deleting that I find it tedius.  I would like to script it.  Here is what I have:

tell application "Evernote"
    close window 1
    open collection window with query string ""
end tell

Works, as far as it goes, but if there happen to be tags left set in the search field, they are still there (are they different from a search term?  I just add them by hand when searching and it finds them).  Things like that.  Also, I can't for the life of me figure the sort order thing out.  It may simply not be scriptable.

1 reply to this idea

Hi:

I'm trying to do something super simple, but it's proving super diffiult.  All I want is to open a collection window with no search term, no tags or notebooks not NOTHING.  And I would like it sorted newest to oldest (in other words, I want to see the last few things I added to evernote no matter where or with what tags I added them.  This is fairly easy in the front end, but it requires enough clicking, highlighting and deleting that I find it tedius.  I would like to script it.  Here is what I have:

tell application "Evernote"

close window 1

open collection window with query string ""

end tell

Works, as far as it goes, but if there happen to be tags left set in the search field, they are still there (are they different from a search term?  I just add them by hand when searching and it finds them).  Things like that.  Also, I can't for the life of me figure the sort order thing out.  It may simply not be scriptable.

Scooter, did you ever get an answer to your post?

Apparently this aspect of the Evernote-Applescript interface is barren territory. See Mustafa's comment on this other post.

Archived