(Archived) Evernote Can't Open Encrypted PDF on iPhone

markbyrn

I noted that while Evernote on my iDevice can open a PDF that's encrypted by Acrobat 6+ with 128 bit encryption, it won't open a PDF that's encrypted by Acrobat X with 256 bit encryption.  Hopefully that's fixed soon but there should at least be a workaround to open the attachment with another available app on the device such as PDF Reader, or perhaps there's a workaround now that I'm not aware of?

• Level 5*

I noted that while Evernote on my iDevice can open a PDF that's encrypted by Acrobat 6+ with 128 bit encryption, it won't open a PDF that's encrypted by Acrobat X with 256 bit encryption.  Hopefully that's fixed soon but there should at least be a workaround to open the attachment with another available app on the device such as PDF Reader, or perhaps there's a workaround now that I'm not aware of?

Hi. Welcome to the forum. This is a known limitation of the iOS app that i first reported a year or two ago.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/28876-encrypting-documenta/?p=156729

No fix for it, as far as I know. My workaround is to open PDFs in the Adobe app, because it can handle 256 bit encryption.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. This is a known limitation of the iOS app that i first reported a year or two ago.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/28876-encrypting-documenta/?p=156729

No fix for it, as far as I know. My workaround is to open PDFs in the Adobe app, because it can handle 256 bit encryption.

Thanks for the response but how do I open the PDF in the Adobe app when it's in the Evernote app - I didn't see an "open with" option or similar.  

Archived