(Archived) (Archived) encrypted note on android - can't edit

marklyn

I set up an encrypted note on the Windows based client with a password and I can edit it fine, no problem.

However, when I use the latest android client, after I enter the password, it opens the note up but I cannot edit it.

When I touch the pencil it immediately goes back to the encrypted note.  Is this a bug?

I have the latest android version as of today by the way.

I set up an encrypted note on the Windows based client with a password and I can edit it fine, no problem.

However, when I use the latest android client, after I enter the password, it opens the note up but I cannot edit it.

When I touch the pencil it immediately goes back to the encrypted note.  Is this a bug?

There is no encryption on mobile devices (last I knew).  That's why you can't edit the note.  (It would need to be re-encrypted).

There is no encryption on mobile devices (last I knew).  That's why you can't edit the note.  (It would need to be re-encrypted).

I'm not sure I follow.  I can see the text of the note when I use the password on the android but I can't modify the text because the re-encryption doesn't work on the android.  Sorry, that just doesn't make any sense.

I'm not sure I follow.  I can see the text of the note when I use the password on the android but I can't modify the text because the re-encryption doesn't work on the android.  Sorry, that just doesn't make any sense.

Of course it makes sense.  If it's not changed, all the mobile device has to do is DEcrypt & display the info.  You're not changing the record.  If you were to change the note, it would need to ENcrypt.

Archived