Please add Sync Folder for Mac

wilwrk4tls

Idea

Why on earth does Mac not have a sync folder option?  I used this all the time on my PC, have since switched to a Mac at home and cannot believe that there is not  a sync folder option.

This appears to be the most glaring difference between the Mac app and the PC app...

4 replies to this idea

So you have to rename each note as it is created?  I guess that would work since I go back and rename them from the image name usually anyway, but isn't nearly as flexible as adding them as a large batch and renaming them whenever you have time.  With Windows I usually dump at least a hundred images in at a time, whenever I get done scanning a stack of papers or whatever.  Then I can go back and rename, tag and merge them as necessary.

It would be nice if it did it natively, but it is good to know there is a script out there, too.

Is there an update about this problem?

Currently i'm running version 5.5.1 of Evernote and still there is no folder sync functionality build in the program ????

(but a folder sync seems to be available on the windows version of Evernote?) 

Without this a folder sync option Evernote is pretty much useless for me.

There are some automater scripts available online but that is not a solution for this problem maybe only a temporary fix until the next update of OS X (if you can find a working one, I tried several script but not one of them is working) 

Does anyone know if this missing feature is added soon ?

• Level 5*

The existing 3rd party options including the one I linked to seem to work very well for people. If you don't like the one I linked to then search for veritrope on here or Google, I believe his solution also works well.

Given that there are working options available and that Evernote don't often discuss their roadmap, I think that's about as good as you are going to get for the time being.

Archived