(Archived) Auto BCC Evernote on outgoing emails

Well, I don't see a simple way to pull this off from within Apple Mail directly.  :\  The problem is that rules assume inbound.

There's an Apple Mail Add-On:

http://www.indev.ca/MailActOn.html

That gives you outbound mail capability.  Then save something like this as an AppleScript and have MailActOn trigger that:

tell application "Evernote"	activate	create note with text the content of selection title subject of selection notebook "Sent Email"end tell

Just so you can modify this to taste, that "create line" really is this:

create note

with text (the content of selection)

title (subject of selection)

notebook ("Sent Email")

"the content of selection" and "subject of selection" are functions of Mail.app and are literally what I typed.  You can change the notebook name between the quotes.  All of the options available:

create note v : Create a new note. You must specify exactly one of 'from file', 'from url', 'with text', or 'with html'.create note[from file file] : Clip the contents of the specified file.[from url text] : Clip the contents of the specified URL.[with text text] : Create a new note using the specified plain-text as content.[with html text] : Create a new note using the specified html as content.[with enml text] : Create a new note using the specified ENML as content. Do not include the <en-note> tags, only what should be between them.[title text] : Title for the new note.[notebook text or notebook] : Notebook in which to place the note. Can be the name of a notebook or an object reference. If no notebook with the specified name exists a new one is created. If no notebook is specified, the default notebook for the account is used.[tags list of text or list of tag] : Tags to assign to the new note. Can be the name of a tag or an object reference. If no tag with the specified name exists a new one is created.[attachments list of file] : Files to attach to the note.[created date] : Creation date for the new note. Defaults to now.

Thanks Tony for your MailActOn recommendation. I used the 30 day free trial and it worked. But instead of the $29 fee I came up with the following work around and it works!!!

- Using Apple's Mail App I selected the option to BCC myself on all outgoing email.

- Then using Apple's Mail App rules for incoming mail I have all email coming from myself to forward to my Evernote email and then to delete that email from my inbox.

This will work until Apple allows rules on outgoing messages.

Archived