Notebook covers

I know this has been discussed before but just to say. And I know this may seem trivial to some - but I am about to give up on Evernote - as the notebook covers are all the same and makes it really difficult to find a notebook. SURELY THIS IS A DOABLE from Evernote.

I am a designer and run a design firm and this is just so soul destroying. Very unfriendly, boring and lacks user satisfaction.

Come on Evernote - pull your finger out and get this covered off. After all, paying Premium rates means we should be able to have different notebook covers - surely.

I hear Google have a similar service !!!!!! And I'd just hate to have to change all our Evernote stuff over to Google……. :(

Cheers

Tanygarth

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  It's always helpful to know which version of Evernote you're using (or complaining about) - all the clients get updates fairly frequently however,  so you never know - what you're looking for may be just around the corner.  AFAIK there's no way to put pressure on the team for a specific feature however - there's a road map for each product and what you're looking for may or may not be there..  Up to you whether things become so business-critical that you check out The Opposition.

I know this has been discussed before but just to say. And I know this may seem trivial to some - but I am about to give up on Evernote - as the notebook covers are all the same and makes it really difficult to find a notebook. SURELY THIS IS A DOABLE from Evernote.

I am a designer and run a design firm and this is just so soul destroying. Very unfriendly, boring and lacks user satisfaction.

Come on Evernote - pull your finger out and get this covered off. After all, paying Premium rates means we should be able to have different notebook covers - surely.

I hear Google have a similar service !!!!!! And I'd just hate to have to change all our Evernote stuff over to Google……. :(

Cheers

Tanygarth

"Soul destroying?"  Really?  Other than differentiating between local, sync'd & shared notebooks, I could not care less about a visual differentiation between notebooks.  And eventhough the Windows client regressed & does not do that (at this time), it's more of a PITA rather than "soul destroying".  In fact, because I use tags, descriptive titles & keywords, most of my searches easily find the note(s) I'm looking for without specifying a specific notebook.  

I'm sure it's doable.  But just because it's doable does not mean Evernote will do it any time soon, if ever.  It may simply be something they've decided to not do.  No way for us to know, since they do not publish their roadmap or ETAs.

As far as "very unfriendly, boring and lacks user satisfaction", I use Evernote to collect, organize & retrieve information.  So long as it does that, that's user satisfaction enough for me.  It doesn't need to entertain me.

So if the lack of notebook covers is so dire for you, Google may be the better option for you.

Yeeee haaaaaa.

Come on girl lighten up. It' s a figure of speech. And you know what I mean if your a designer - it frustrates the arse out of you to see something that could have looked really useful and engaging. I actually love Evernote and in reality won't change. looking at that page of all your notebooks and it just makes you want to smack your head with a fish.

Cooking Swedish meatballs as I type. Drinking a lovely Merlot too. Pity you all couldn't t have pooped round to discuss it further.

A lovely evening in Wales Uk

tanygarth

The meatballs were great, the merlot - smooth. 

Back at my desk and into Evernote. All them notebooks, have to be careful here with what I say but it is like looking at a bathroom wall of tiles.

Whats everyone having for lunch, 10.14 UK time

Hope your all having a lovely day

Yeeee haaaaaa.

Come on girl lighten up. It' s a figure of speech. And you know what I mean if your a designer - it frustrates the arse out of you to see something that could have looked really useful and engaging. I actually love Evernote and in reality won't change. looking at that page of all your notebooks and it just makes you want to smack your head with a fish.

Cooking Swedish meatballs as I type. Drinking a lovely Merlot too. Pity you all couldn't t have pooped round to discuss it further.

A lovely evening in Wales Uk

tanygarth

Glad to hear your soul is not really being destroyed. But again, I could not care less about this feature, so the fish is safe.

• 5 months later...

Hello!

I would like to add my vote for the ability to change the notebook covers. As a previous Evernote user, then a Springpad user, and now forced back to Evernote since Springpad is going out of business, which I loved by the way... to me it is essential to be able to visually differentiate my notebooks. I know there are others that could not care less, which is ok, they can feel free to not change their notebooks from their default look.  :)

IMHO it is expected as a user experience and essential for a card view interface.

So for any of you Evernote peeps that my be reading this forum... put me down for changeable notebook covers please.

Archived