(Archived) Possible to Import Text Documents as Plain Text Notes?

drmorales

Idea

Is it possible to import plain text documents (.txt files) as plain text notes? When I drag and drop text documents on the Evernote icon in the dock, evernote imports them as styled text. I can manually convert each note to plain text via the Format menu, but given that I have a few hundred plain text notes I'd like to import, that could get a little time consuming. Unless it's possible to convert multiple notes to plain text at one time, but I didn't seen any way to do that in the Mac desktop app. Thanks!

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Is it possible to import plain text documents (.txt files) as plain text notes? When I drag and drop text documents on the Evernote icon in the dock, evernote imports them as styled text. I can manually convert each note to plain text via the Format menu, but given that I have a few hundred plain text notes I'd like to import, that could get a little time consuming. Unless it's possible to convert multiple notes to plain text at one time, but I didn't seen any way to do that in the Mac desktop app. Thanks!

Hi. They aren't really styled. Everything in Evernote gets stuck into a kind of .xhtml (web site code) called .enml. You can turn it to "plain text," but it really isn't "plain text." It looks less "styled," but it is actually styled uniformly.

Personally, I like the "plain text" look (gets rid of any funky formatting), but as far as I know, you can only do one note at a time. 

Archived