Skitch and Evernote just don't sync

itpromike

So I have evernote, been using it quite a while and I've been a skitch user for quite some time but never updated to the newer releases of skitch after they became part of the evernote family (I've been using an old copy of skitch because I liked the interface and functionality). Now I finally decided to embrace change and use the new features afforded by the upgrade however none of the syncing features seem to be working. Below are my steps and what I perceive to be the expected outcome... what am I missing?

1.) I create a note in Evernote and mark it up

2.) I 'annotate' the note

3.) I place the new annotated note in the Skitch notebook that Skitch created when it installed

4.) I open up skitch and sync and there is nothing in the Skitch notebook (that skitch can see). However it's definitely there when I look at the notebook in evernote.

I've additionally tried dropping PNG's and other PDF's in my Evernote Skitch notebook and they are seen by Evernote but not by Skitch. Are the only things seen by Skitch things that were created in Skitch from the beginning? Can I not just move a picture or note or PDF to the Skitch notebook within Evernote and then see it in Skitch? What should the workflow look like in this? The ultimate reason (for this particular instance) that I need this functionality is that I need to share this PDF or image but I need to share it as an actual image and not a Evernote note so I wanted to open it in Skitch and export as  PNG.

Additionally I am running the latest version of Evernote for Mac and the latest version of Skitch. I even updated to the latest Skitch beta thinking that would help but to no avail it did not. Any ideas?

• 8 months later...

Idekay, I would vote for this being implemented. The PDF markup inside evernote (OSX) is using skitch in a preview window. it's very hard to navigate and loses the current page i'm on when closing, so when re-opening annotated pdfs in Evernote you start at page 1.

Skitch is a much better option, but why can't I open annotated PDFs I created in Evernote within Skitch? It can already sync the notes that were created in skitch.

Archived