(Archived) Tags not shared properly

I have access to a shared notebook from another person. Both of us are Premium users.

The notebook share works great, but not the tags. The other person has all tags deepely organized in subtags. But for me, the tags from the shared notebook appear as a huge list, instead of organized hierachially into subtags. This error makes impossible to share the notebook, as the tags get unusable. Besides that, many <no name> tags appers in my tag list.

Has anyone found a workaroud for this error?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

You can copy notes from the shared notebook into your own so you can apply your own tagging system,  and you can share the notes back if the other person needs to see changes you make.  At the moment AFAIK the tags issue is known but not solved - there aren't really any easy workarounds other than: "use fewer (or no) tags on shared notes"

• Level 5

I have access to a shared notebook from another person. Both of us are Premium users.

The notebook share works great, but not the tags. The other person has all tags deepely organized in subtags. But for me, the tags from the shared notebook appear as a huge list, instead of organized hierachially into subtags. This error makes impossible to share the notebook, as the tags get unusable. Besides that, many <no name> tags appers in my tag list.

Has anyone found a workaroud for this error?

Thanks!

I was not able to find a solution... so I removed all the shared notebooks I had.

There are a couple I kept, but they don't have any tags, so they don't mess up my tag structure.

I also did what Gaz suggested and copied, but only for a few important notes.

• Level 5*

so I removed all the shared notebooks I had.

With version 5s "commingling" of tags, I did the same thing and removed all shared notebooks I had.  I'm sure it was not Evernote's intent to drive users away from shared notebooks, but with this change, for some of us anyway, that was the result.  I can maybe see where some may find it useful, but at least for me, I could care less what someone else's tag structure is and I certainly do not want them mixed in with mine.  Though I may not agree with some of Evernote's changes, I try hard to understand and see the logic in them.  A UI option should have been made allowing this to be selectable instead of forcing the change on everyone.  With the mixing of personal, shared and business notebooks, with no identifying icons, described elsewhere, I'm still struggling to see the sense in that one ...

• Level 5*

I don't have a problem with the commingling of tags from shared (or joined) notebooks, though some ability to filter them would be helpful. I just wish that tags that exist in both accounts were handled better.

• Level 5

so I removed all the shared notebooks I had.

With version 5s "commingling" of tags, I did the same thing and removed all shared notebooks I had.  I'm sure it was not Evernote's intent to drive users away from shared notebooks, but with this change, for some of us anyway, that was the result.  I can maybe see where some may find it useful, but at least for me, I could care less what someone else's tag structure is and I certainly do not want them mixed in with mine.  Though I may not agree with some of Evernote's changes, I try hard to understand and see the logic in them.  A UI option should have been made allowing this to be selectable instead of forcing the change on everyone.  With the mixing of personal, shared and business notebooks, with no identifying icons, described elsewhere, I'm still struggling to see the sense in that one ...

The commingling of tags is a problem for users who have a well-defined structure of tags.

Problems occur when the original tag and the outsider tag have similar but not exact spelling and/or meaning.

It's similar to maintaining a nice home and finding graffiti sprayed onto the walls.

It might not affect the structural integrity of the building, but it does cause a disagreeable and confusing appearance.

Archived